Warden investigating white-tailed deer shooting

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
North Dakota Game and Fish Department district game warden Corey Erck is investigating the possible illegal shooting of a white-tailed deer found on Bismarck Parks and Recreation District land near the Nishu Archery Complex in south Bismarck, according to a press release.
The deer was found dead with an arrow in it.
“I don’t believe this animal was shot as part of the bow season within the city limits,” Erck said in the press statement. “It was near the practice range, and was shot with a field point and not with a broadhead.”

Anyone with information on the incident is encouraged to contact the Report All Poachers telephone number at 800-472-2121. or contact Erck directly at 701-320-2005. Callers can remain anonymous.
The RAP line offers rewards for information that leads to conviction of fish and wildlife law violators.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The bad part about this is that someone will want to close the archery range because some idiot makes every archer look bad. I've never been able to determine what fun is derived from such actions. Who do you brag to? What was the benefit? (no meat, no horns) When it was over, what fun was it? Senseless.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly, good for people here to call out this dumbass for his or her stupidity. People who hunt, or shoot, often populate sites like this one. I'm glad to see that people here are showing that they don't agree with this moron.

And yes, an incident like this is just more ammo (pardon the pun) for PETA, and the others who want to see your rights taken away. Every time some smart guy shoots up a sign, vandalizes the gun range, poaches an animal for no perceivable reason, it just makes the rest of us sportsmen look bad.

Like we don't have enough enemies, without our own idiots breaking the laws, and casting shadows on us.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn’t be surprised to hear it’s some teenagers. Pretty easy for testosterone filled boys to start daring each other to shoot it. Still stupid though M

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe someone missed real high and it got hit by accident.......But more than likely a person under the age of 25.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be hard to do with the berm out there. Seen a guy back in the late 90's pop one out there with a little basket rack off the main range and I've taken a couple does off the south walking bow course around the same time. Used to time it for when they would do deer drives on riverwood because you could bank on a fair number of deer to come rolling in just after.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had to chase deer off the range before I got started.

Me too, at the old pistol range south of Bismarck. Nobody around, coulda taken a shot just to see. But my dad taught me better.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone missed real high and it got hit by accident.......But more than likely a person under the age of 25.

The odds are against this. We all pretty much know it was a young guy who thought it'd be fun. I've spent many hours at that range, all the way back into the early 80's. Lots of deer down there. Lots of dumbasses who think it'd be funny.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me too, at the old pistol range south of Bismarck. Nobody around, coulda taken a shot just to see. But my dad taught me better.

- - - Updated - - -

The odds are against this. We all pretty much know it was a young guy who thought it'd be fun. I've spent many hours at that range, all the way back into the early 80's. Lots of deer down there. Lots of dumbasses who think it'd be funny.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93