What will you do different this season?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Every season I try to have a gameplan. What do I want to focus on? What do I want to improve upon?

This year I will focus on finding fish, then setting up on them with spot-lock, or anchor, and jigging.
I am a fan of aggressive tactics, so I will want to perfect jigging rip n raps, jig n raps, jigs w/ plastics, and other lures of this kind.

I've used these tactics over the years, but I think I will put an extra focus on them this year.

In addition, I will continue perfecting pulling cranks.

Finally, I will be looking to top riverfisher in the jumping rock piles category. I got a few picked out already.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am planning on working on the same stuff V... I also want to target bigger fish that I find with my electronics

- - - Updated - - -

note: that 2nd thing will probably get me a lot of northern

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
hook the boat up get in my truck -- drive south until the outside temp says 85 then look for a lake.

Spring - snow overrated

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just try to make time to hit the patterns I have found over the years. Also, get my boys out in the boat more now that they are a little older.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
learn to troll cranks like a pro

determine optimal setup for - and get real good at pitching - finesse stickbaits

- - - Updated - - -

teach Ahab's kids the fine art of gay knot tying

- - - Updated - - -

My goal is to actually put a walleye in my livewell this summer. Did not accomplish that in six trips last year.

I need to help you put that problem six feet under

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Target new lakes and different species. Hankering for big trout this year too. Will spend some time in Canada for that.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to focus on utilizing different types of the tackle in my tackle boxes that I just HAD to buy at the time. Friggin tackle shops!;:;banghead

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
After the success I had last fall with jiggin raps I want to try using them in the spring/summer. and of course, pull lots of BB and spinners like usual.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to try the jiggin/rippin raps when the fish go deep in the summer for something different

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just plain flat ass going to fish more come hell or high water. Told my brother the other day that I have spent the last 50 years doing for others and now its my turn to do for me.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
My goals are to get a ton of data collected with my autocharts live. The best two ways to do that is to crank a lot and make my wife happy by pleasure cruising. That won't be as painful now that I can watch contours be built as I go.

I want to spend more time cranking than I ever have although with more people doing that every year I feel like the shorelines will be peppered soon, so I may have to find a trick to pull deep fish.

I've got a good jump on this, but I want to fish earlier and later in the year with more consistency. I'm in that stage of life with young kids, so unless the wife plays ball, I lose a lot of great fishing days to (it's too cold for the kids out there today). This will still be a big challenge for me this year but hopefully I gain a few days.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
Gonna try some new spots on the lake and learn how to use the electronics. Also, pull cranks and BB like a champ.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Use more crankbaits, try more casting and retrieve in the Boat, place in upper 50% of the Fishin For The Cure tournament in june

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well it doesnt say it has to be about fishing.... i will be holding out til the bitter end if need be, i am a trophy hunter only this year with my archery tackle i have some big boys that are alive from last year that i will be putting a lot of time and energy into harvesting this year. im going to shoot a lot more archery so i can become much more proficient, so unless i either kill a mulie with my bow or a whitetail over 150 i will be eating tag soup up until the last day because i do very much so enjoy venison to get me through the winter so i would have to put something down to fill the freezer!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I covered my boat in flat black paint so I don't stick out. Already channeled my inner riverfisher on saturday so the boat gets a shiny new keel guard next monday.

I am going to work on pulling deeper cranks with leadcore and snap weights. I will also work on jigging raps and rippin raps come fall. With a little one in the house now, just getting out on the water will be a challenge. Oh and healing up from the injuries sustained when I tell the wife the league finale and aim is the same weekend is our anniversary.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glide baits and cranks don't work. Y'all just keep on with your BB and bent hooks like ya were and the world will keep spinnin

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
play more on the sak. lake and take motorcycle down hwy 66 hell yea. Oh use jigging raps more Life short play hard and winter comes to quick

- - - Updated - - -

DM you have some crazy in you, good luck glad not you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6