What will you do different this season?

D-Racer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get out more than two or three times as what happened last year and try different presentations. Kinda got stuck in a rut the last few.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Become more comfortable pulling cranks. Rarely used them last summer...went straight from jigging live bait/plastics right into pulling spinners. Would like to use cranks more in that "transition" time.

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
definitely going to try to learn the art of these things called cranks. they sure seem to catch me in the aisle so that means they will catch fish right?... oh and im going to have to hop on board with the jigging raps too.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a mighty tall order, but you're welcomed to try.

Ha you think you are walleye challenged you should see me. I am pretty sure I have redefined the word special in this category.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually get out more than the one time I did last year.
Start hitting the river more, especially for some catfish
Get the wife out fishing and hopefully get her on some bass in jungle conditions, she probably hasn't been out in around 4 years
Experience the sumo catfish potential with the Capt up north with the wife and, trip already booked

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Plan:
1) Use the SI like there's no tomorrow to locate best possiblities
2) Change gear more often to see what is the day's appetite
3) Load up the boat with a limit of fish more often

In Reality:
1) Go to same 'spots' to fish as before
2) Convince myself the fish are there
3) Spend more time on the motorcycle cuz fishing sucks ;:;banghead

:;:muahaha:;:exactly

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really want to learn and use shiver minnow/jigging raps more. Spend more time on the water in sept/oct and less in my treestands. And I really, really, want a top 40 finish in the Gov cup.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had a pretty darned good bite last year so don't see a need to change it up. Get out more and wish my sconi boy was here.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Catch more fish then I did ice fishing.... that'll take about 1 more trip out.

My main goals are to fish more out of the kayak and the pontoon. Pullin' cranks has always been in my toolbox so I'd like to learn more about BB & spinners. Can't ever seem to get them to work for me. I'm always looking for ways to refine kayak fishing and I've gone a long ways already. I'll be able to anchor up in spots and use my dead stick while pitching jigs very easily this year. Hoping to catch more fish that way. Last, i'll be keeping many more walleye than I did last year. Bottom line, keep more fish and get off the shore!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
10,000 miles on the Hog this year, and maybe wet a line on the 3 summer holiday weekends.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finish my Autochart Live Maps. Only 45 miles to go.

Be more efficient on the catfish spots. dial in the sit times better and utilize the electronics to be able to fish faster.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try to catch walleye with every technique I can think of, jigs, live bait, spinners, BB's, cranks, vertical baits, drop shots, Texas and Carolina rigs, slip bobbers, and I'm sure there is more. I'm going to enter as many tournaments as I can and hopefully get a top 3 in one of them

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to catch a salmon on Sak with the down riggers and other salmon stuff I've NEVER used. Haven't had smoked salmon in a few years so I'm motivated this year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 172
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56