where did fall go???

bowhunter88

Established Member
Beans will be shot soon unless the sun comes out yesterday.... Too bad too for how good they looked this year.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This temps have been about perfect the rain will make duck hunting excellent. Stalking deer has been way better with non crunchy and harder to get places for people . Fall fishing is over rated anyway. I think we are going to have a shit load of ducks if there is ice meh I would rather chase yotes

- - - Updated - - -

Bugs are dead

"Fall fishing is over rated anyway."

You shut your whore mouth.

LOL

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beans will be shot soon unless the sun comes out yesterday.... Too bad too for how good they looked this year.

Where did they look good, all I've heard is complaints about how terrible they looked this year.

- - - Updated - - -

^ Agree with the moisture factor Allen...but man these temps a little surprising...even for us in ND...no?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the temps...H82's post above got me thinking...boat ramp ice issue? Kitty litter best thing to sprinkle on the ramp before backing down...is that the general consensus? If so, gotta pick some up tonight...don't want the truck sliding into the lake tomorrow morning!

Yeah, it's been way cool thus far. I'm looking forward to the temp pendulum to swing a little to the high side.

I've never tried kitty litter, but personally I'd probably lean towards sand for a boat ramp rather than kitty litter. For one, sand should be readily available, and two, it's not mostly clay like a lot of the kitty litters.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was out scouting around a bit yesterday. Praire roads were still a bit wet even before this sloppy weather. Hope hunters take this into consideration while out. The harvest out there has barely begun, farmers I'm sure would appreciate it.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was only leaving tire tread marks yesterday and felt guilty so only drove on one praire.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fertilizer-Potassium-Chloride-Mop-Kcl-Muriate-of-Potash.jpg
This stuff works great for icy ramps.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bacon Bits? I mean they taste great but I had no idea!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
wheat???? Why??

The one reason why i know why there is still wheat out in the field is he farms too big and hasn't been able to afford to hire custom combiners this year.

- - - Updated - - -

those 70 # sand tubes you had in the back of your truck from last winter.

And what I've read on the soybeans was they looked bad and harvest was expected to be bad because of the dry weather this summer but the harvest is surprising some famers with good results.

And pheasant numbers: SW ND I know it is a general area but talked with my BIL today. Not seeing many pheasants down there. Talked with a farmer taking canola off his land he rents to him last week and there they were. Lots flew up at the end of the field on the last round. This weather is going to leave lots of crops standing yet so it may very well be a struggle to find roosters out there this weekend.

Please try not to tear up the gravel roads/trails. Farmers really hate that.

I haven't been able to get to our CRP down there to spray because it has been too dry (fire risk); now I can't get to it cause it's too wet. Can't travel any of those roads going in there in this kinda crap pulling an enclosed trailer w/ SXS with sprayer.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.php

Damn, I thought that 9 semesters took me a long time to get a BSCE, but 82 years ... WOW!

Jokin'!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Praire trails are catching hell, why people can't stay off of them when it's wet like this, and they wonder why there is more posted land

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok I popped my head out this am. I will stay off the roads. I am going back to bed.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw plenty of rutted roads Sunday when I was out, but seems like tractor tires doing a lot of the rutting. At least based on the tread pattern and size...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31