Who do you believe ?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG said : "I was on my fourth different cholesterol medicine trying to find one that didn't give me side affects"

PG Stay tuned, Medicine and FDA is worthy of a topic all its own. If it's raining/snowing in the morning I'll share a couple crazy stories of something I recently experienced while on drugs.

I would be very interested in hearing those stories DC.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am all ears. But if I use a little Nyquil I can watch my own.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
ZING..... was quite a shot Reprobate. That is genetics, age and feed. No magic steroid. I totally disagree with that and have said so to the deer guys. Place that buck on the same feed as a wild deer and he will revert back the following year.

This deer would eat like any other deer. The meat would probably have more copper, zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium and whatever they put in over the counter deer feed anyone can buy.

Would you eat this thing?

37230127_1139432769546898_9112371957164146688_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They had to remove the antlers for the health of the deer.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your great-great-great grandfather ate bone marrow. Your grandfather put bones in his soup and when your dad bought a chicken it was bone in. Today everything is boneless and refined. What you need PG is Glucosamine, Collagen and Chondroitin. Here ya go:

https://well.ca/products/adrien-gagnon-glucosamine-elk_107192.html

100% natural.

Davey Crocket I agree with your wife. My knees were getting so bad I could hardly make it up the basement steps. In the past I have had to stop my cholesterol meds because my calf muscles hurt so much. About a year ago I was rolling my winter tires across the yard to switch them out with the summer tires on my 3/4 ton. I pulled a hamstring in my right leg. It has been a year and not getting better. I will have rotator cuff surgery in December, then an MRI to check for a torn meniscus in the right knee. I started wondering about my meds again. So I stopped everything except my heart med and my Celebrix (I was on my fourth different cholesterol medicine trying to find one that didn't give me side affects). Two days and I was feeling better. I know that's different than foods, but I am going to start changing that too.
Doctors always think they know best. For years there was a big scare about eating eggs. The lowest my cholesterol has been for ten years was the six months I ate eggs nearly every morning instead of processed cereal. Now I need to knock off some other things. I often wonder about the preservatives in food causing more cholesterol to stay in the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed the link for elk velvet antler provided above has been discontinued. Here is a better one:

https://www.countrygoldhealth.com/

PG, don't let your old age slow you down.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today everything is boneless and refined. What you need PG is Glucosamine, Collagen and Chondroitin. Here ya go:
I took Glucosamine, Collagen, and Chondroitin for ten years and it did nothing. I'll try some velvet if you want to trade for some snake oil. ;)

I do believe that this world was created with the solution for all that ails us. However, much of that is yet undiscovered. In all seriousness perhaps there are some benefits to velvet, but I don't think it's what the Chinese think is a benefit. I lived through the hippie era where they thought anything organic was magic. Of course that would include things like cyanide in apple seeds. I'll pass on the cyanide. I guess if you take enough cyanide you want have any more pain. Maybe it works better than marijuana. :;:muahaha

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took Glucosamine, Collagen, and Chondroitin for ten years and it did nothing. I'll try some velvet if you want to trade for some snake oil. ;)

I do believe that this world was created with the solution for all that ails us. However, much of that is yet undiscovered. In all seriousness perhaps there are some benefits to velvet, but I don't think it's what the Chinese think is a benefit. I lived through the hippie era where they thought anything organic was magic. Of course that would include things like cyanide in apple seeds. I'll pass on the cyanide. I guess if you take enough cyanide you want have any more pain. Maybe it works better than marijuana. :;:muahaha

I don't believe that anymore than I would believe you used a thigh master for ten years. Psh!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess if you take enough cyanide you want have any more pain. Maybe it works better than marijuana. :;:muahaha

WOW PG Do you even think about what you type ?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe that anymore than I would believe you used a thigh master for ten years. Psh!!

I'm starting to think PG throws a lot of lead but he shoots from the hip and anywhere close to the target is a feather in his hat.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
20181101_135217.jpg Fritz these and the supplements you mentioned I talked to my doctor about. He said it will not hurt you, but it's a waste of money. My chiropractor put me on to the chondroitin etc. I didn't give up easy. I took it for many years. I could not tell the difference. I thought about trying shark cartilage to, but that would be just throwing good money after bad.

Oh the glucosamine I took was glucosamine sufate.

DC I didn't believe the hippie girls in the 60s about the magic of mj and I don't believe it now. I did vote for the medicinal because I think people in pain or with cancer should be able to get relief if possible. I'm not even against opioid for those problems. I do have a problem with recreational. I wonder if those who have tried it even stopped to think they are supporting criminals? The support the cartel, the mafia, endanger our border guards, corrupt our border guards, and on and on. That's simply fact.

Last edited:

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This kind of 5hinking just pisses me off, how can you make an educated opinion with this kind of of nonsense, it would take the cartels out of it, would put it under state control, take out the chance that the person already giving them their pot and saying have you tried our meth, etc, no laced shit like when I was a kid.. Wow just can't understand the problem here, grew up in the 60s and 70s, seen what happened when they sprayed Paraquat on the fields in Mexico, for those uninformed that was agent Orange. Was in the medical field for 40 years, seen the affects of drugs on people, never once did I see of a case in ER of a person of OF ing on pot, seen many cases of old pot heads with cancer, far above normal, Paraquat, or MJ, can't tell. I have no dog in this fight but with the shear stupidity of some of the comments on here I and now a yes vote.
Ds

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Taking supplements alone won’t fix anything it’s a overall lifestyle type deal that changes stuff. Exercise diet and all that is connected. Firing a few fish oil pills isn’t the answer but doing it in combination with loosing 20 pounds and cutting a few quarter pounders out will

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt, I agree. However, there is little you can do about cartilage loss. A few pounds helps like you say, but it's years of hard work and carrying weight other than your own that takes it's toll. Back in 1993 when Jamestown flooded I put in my own two sump pumps. I remember carrying two five gallon buckets of dirt up the stairs (bad back and wanted to stay balanced) and two five gallons of buckets of pea rock back downstairs. Well actually in total the two sumps took a yard of pea rock. Anyway I noticed that's when my knees started hurting. Then the next fall in the mountains where I had never had discomfort going up the mountain wasn't bad, but coming down was a killer on my knees. Don't load your pack to heavy out there Kurt. You may have a picture of Cameron Hanes on your bedroom ceiling and wipe your ass with poison ivy, but it will still get you. Your advise is good. Take care.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if those who have tried it even stopped to think they are supporting criminals? The support the cartel, the mafia, endanger our border guards, corrupt our border guards, and on and on. That's simply fact.

I took Glucosamine, Collagen, and Chondroitin for ten years and it did nothing. I

If you kept taking those for 10 years with no results that would fit into my summary of a very slow learner and you are telling others what is best for them ? Wow

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just in a spade playing mood because you keep flapping your gums with what you believe is credible information and I think is bullshit.

Put a little thought into what you type.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spade you simply confusing honesty and lack of manners. ;:;bowdown

My mistake was listening to my chiropractor at the time who sold it. I have a new chiropractor now too. Go have a couple of tokes and chill.

- - - Updated - - -

This kind of 5hinking just pisses me off, how can you make an educated opinion with this kind of of nonsense, it would take the cartels out of it, would put it under state control, take out the chance that the person already giving them their pot and saying have you tried our meth, etc, no laced shit like when I was a kid.. Wow just can't understand the problem here, grew up in the 60s and 70s, seen what happened when they sprayed Paraquat on the fields in Mexico, for those uninformed that was agent Orange. Was in the medical field for 40 years, seen the affects of drugs on people, never once did I see of a case in ER of a person of OF ing on pot, seen many cases of old pot heads with cancer, far above normal, Paraquat, or MJ, can't tell. I have no dog in this fight but with the shear stupidity of some of the comments on here I and now a yes vote.
Ds
Do you think anyone is dumb enough to believe that. Someone says something on an internet form and to get even your going to vote the opposite. What are you on at the moment? I call bs. If your voting yes it's simply because you want it. BS will not camo your desire for recreational drugs.

People who cross the border illegally are committing a crime. Most of us conservatives understand that. Those that smoke pot when it's illegal are committing a crime. Still we have people who say I have smoked it X number of years and it didn't hurt me. I think someone else should be the judge of that.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have enough manners that I'm not going to ride you on every subject like GST or carry a chip on my shoulder but you are up on your pedestal telling others what is best for them. It's not up to you or anyone else to tell me or anyone else that they should give up their gun rights in order to try to replace opioids and other meds with medical MJ.

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels..
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Us conservatives". Who are you trying to fool? Us or yourself? Give up the charade. We all know you want Hillary's nuts on your chin.
Ooops pissed of a junky. Sort of surprising a conservative junky.

I have enough manners that I'm not going to ride you on every subject like GST or carry a chip on my shoulder but you are up on your pedestal telling others what is best for them. It's not up to you or anyone else to tell me or anyone else that they should give up their gun rights in order to try to replace opioids and other meds with medical MJ.
False argument. I have told you a half dozen times I support the medical use of MJ. I'm not sure it really works, but I'm willing to let people try. I am about 80% convinced it does help for some pains, and for an appetite for those suffering with cancer. Like I said in the past I would not even withhold opioids for people in severe pain or with cancer. All we can do is try keep them comfortable. It's not up to us to hold our nose in the air as if we are better while others suffer. You have to separate my argument against recreational with my support for medical. I hope you can do that because those who can not simply want their drugs.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 165
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96