Wife's First deer

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife has been bow hunting on and off for about 7 years. She has never been able to get one to fully commit. After about 10 sits this year and not seeing much. I made it my full time job to get her a deer. Our first sit that we sat together after I shot mine. We had a big 10 coming in but he cut our tracks from the way in and headed the other way. The second time we sat she was able to get a shot at a decent 8 at 20 yards and she missed. I told her it happens and we will give it another try. We got to our spot about 5 last night and it was poring rain. We almost just went home but decided to ride it out. After 30 min the rain started to let up so we headed in. Within 5 min of getting in the stand the deer were moving. We watched a couple smaller bucks making scraps and rubbing on some trees. Fast forward about 30 min an I catch one coming in about 50 yards away. Good thing her bow was in her lap cause within a min he was 15 yards out and closing. She was able to come to full draw when he was behind a tree and he took a couple more steps. Nothing better than watching a pink nocturnal bury behind the shoulder at 10 yards. She made a perfect lung and heart shot and we got to watch him tip over at 80 yards.

IMG_0373.jpg

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot to mention she was just getting over the flu yesterday she's probably going to want to kill me for putting this up.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure who's smile is bigger the bucks or your wife's? I am sure the buck now has a permagrin, your wife's will not last as long.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice job. Sounds like wet willies are in order to celebrate, bull head tournament style.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
She will want to go out every night next year. Congratulations.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grats to ya both; but I have to ask who's deer was bigger? Go ahead, don't lie!!

Well done!!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grats to ya both; but I have to ask who's deer was bigger? Go ahead, don't lie!!

Well done!!

A guy can look at it this way mine has a bigger rack but hers is a better trophy. It's not always the size of the head gear but more about the memories made.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33