Winnipeg 2018

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
One would hope that Snooty is only coming out of the DH Customs shop. If there's someone out there that has stolen that pattern and is copying it for his buddies, that guy is a piece of shit. But that goes without saying.

I'm guessing a comment like this is usually what starts a shit show add some negative rep and more internet name calling and woogie pics just adds to the laughs

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck to anyone heading up this weekend. Weather looks decent so should be easy to stay mobile.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I'll try again.

IMG_5256 (Edited).jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can't get enough of that coloring on those fish! I caught a 31.5" 2 years ago and now I am kicking myself for not getting more pics and measurements for a replica mount.

Musky- What depths are the fishys biting in?

mills423

Agreed Musky! For a second there after reading through the thread was beginning to think this wasn't a fishing/hunting website any longer. Heading up there in a week. Temps are looking awesome. Hoping the fishing is the same!!!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
20180120_081850.jpg

Not a Winnipeg walleye but this is 1 of my 3 lunker eyes on the season, proof that I can catch a couple I guess

- - - Updated - - -

I have very big hands

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't get enough of that coloring on those fish! I caught a 31.5" 2 years ago and now I am kicking myself for not getting more pics and measurements for a replica mount.

Musky- What depths are the fishys biting in?

Heard there is still a good morning bite quite shallow, 5-6 feet. Otherwise just have to find some pods of fish in the 12-17 foot range. Lots of movin' and shuckin'.

I'm with you MM! Are you up there now or is that the pic from a few years ago?

This is from a couple years ago. Last year was horrible up there for us, but this year the reports have been much better again. Going up in the next week or two and then again later March. We have a place to stay where we can get in on short notice so it's nice being from Grand Forks that it's only a couple hours away. This first trip in Feb we're talking about leaving to quads a home and just getting out with the truck and a Clam in the back.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed up to Winnipeg tomorrow night...have heard good reports and hoping my new lures from DH Custom's are the trick. On that note, I had never purchased any lures from DH but have buddies who swear by them. So, I contacted them on short notice, was able to get what I asked for out of his own stash of lures and sent them to me. Again, I've never met him or purchased anything before. From the way I was treated I will be buying more. Whomever would try to bash a guy for how he is running his private business seems like the kinda guy who would bitch about how his steak was prepared at a Red Lobster...
Anyway I'll be staying at the Canalta in Selkirk and fishing through Monday...if any of you are headed up and looking to have some blue smoothies and talk about fishing that's where I'll be. Probably focusing on fishing around the mouth...

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am curious is there any regulations at the border for ANS transport? Now that Lake Winnipeg is full of Zebra mussels do you guys have to clean stuff off or does the freezing temps kill the stuff? The chances of transporting anything ice fishing vs. summer time I suppose is super low but there is a shit ton of people going up there to ice fish every winter.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've never heard of winter ANS inspections. Even when we have gone up to Canada in the summer with the boat, we've never been inspected going in or out.

mills423

I've never heard of winter ANS inspections. Even when we have gone up to Canada in the summer with the boat, we've never been inspected going in or out.

We ran into this last summer - needed an inspection prior to heading to Tobin. They put what I would consider a heavy duty zip tie on the chain to the boat. Ended up meeting a conservation officer in Regina to get the okay. Kind of a weird process as they didn't do it at the border. Didn't get inspected when we were at the lake but the conservation officers were around.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Blue Num Nums is the original.

Shame on you for pirating and trying to spin off with "Blue Smoothies"!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53