Yes. This has been discussed.

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is your go-to New Year's meal? I certainly appreciate a nicely prepared prime rib, or turkey, or filet......but still like the little meatballs or smokies floating in BBQ sauce. :)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've decided I have a dry January coming up. 😫

For New Years day, what main entree pairs best with a nice tall glass of bitterness and regret?

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've decided I have a dry January coming up. 😫

For New Years day, what main entree pairs best with a nice tall glass of bitterness and regret?
Didn't you do this a couple of years ago? It hurt back then! Isn't there a scale-back....and not totally dry?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
He seems to yes. not sure if it is a need, but for sure not a need for speed

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't you do this a couple of years ago? It hurt back then! Isn't there a scale-back....and not totally dry?
I'm a 2-3 drink at maximum sort of guy - so it's not benders I'm talking about. My deal is that I find myself looking forward to those toddies around 4:00. That tells me the toddies are a priority - which tells me I have to keep showing them whose boss once or twice a year. 😜

And just one drink is just lame somehow - I want that 2nd or 3rd. And at that blood level it's definitely not good for a guy long term - all sorts of crappy health consequences pile up over time when chronic long term irritants are put in your body.

I'm sorta uplaying the misery - the first week sucks, but life is actually better weeks 2-4. I'm not sure why I ever start back up again but I always do. Derp.

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a 2-3 drink at maximum sort of guy - so it's not benders I'm talking about. My deal is that I find myself looking forward to those toddies around 4:00. That tells me the toddies are a priority - which tells me I have to keep showing them whose boss once or twice a year. 😜

And just one drink is just lame somehow - I want that 2nd or 3rd. And at that blood level it's definitely not good for a guy long term - all sorts of crappy health consequences pile up over time when chronic long term irritants are put in your body.

I'm sorta uplaying the misery - the first week sucks, but life is actually better weeks 2-4. I'm not sure why I ever start back up again but I always do. Derp.
Got it. Fair on all fronts. You pretty much just told my story.........now I'm thinking......Damn

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am doing a dry Jan too, I need to lose 25# or more, and this dry month includes restricted calories, exercise, and no dairy, coffee, and breads. Its a sonofabitch, but I always dump 25+ pounds, and my liver thanks me, and the snoring disappears. I can see my weennie again...haha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am doing a dry Jan too, I need to lose 25# or more, and this dry month includes restricted calories, exercise, and no dairy, coffee, and breads. Its a sonofabitch, but I always dump 25+ pounds, and my liver thanks me, and the snoring disappears. I can see my weennie again...haha
A cup of black coffee is actually good for you and help aids your weight loss

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok. Back to the original post. Looking for fun recipes....not downer stuff.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A cup of black coffee is actually good for you and help aids your weight loss
Its called the Arbone diet, I have done it a few times, I drop some weight, feel great at the end of it, then hit the bar and within a few months, find all the weight, and seem to be drunk all the time...haha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smoke some magnum steelhead from Costco like I did?

2023-12-23 14.08.45.jpg

2023-12-24 13.30.22.jpg

2023-12-26 16.34.29.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93