Magellan may be in trouble

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I wanted to bring my explorist 710 to Wyoming to see how the summit 3d mapping works, I always make sure my firmware is up to date. So I see on my pc app that there is a update for the handheld, I download the firmware to my computer then I upload to my handheld.
When I turn it on no satellite signals even if I leave it on outside for 10 minutes. I look online to see what may be the problem and guess what the vantage point firmware update for my handheld has a virus that blocks all receptors from receiving satellite reception. So I connect my handheld to the computer and now it wont connect to the pc app.
I see that they pulled all their handhelds from their websites and of course no explanation as to why, no email warning about a corrupt update. Talk about a major problems for everyone who owns a magellan explorist, reading some of the online forums on this exact issue which was found back in june of this year and Magellan did nothing. Thank gosh I save all my waypoints to my computer,
Crying-Baby-800x494.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88