Let that sink in!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
A new study found that 39 percent of "top-tier liberal arts colleges" in the United States don't have any Republicans on their faculties.
The study by the National Association of Scholars also found that the Democrat-to-Republican ratio was 10.4:1 among 8,688 Ph.D.-holding professors.
The ratio is 12.7:1 when two military colleges, West Point and Annapolis, are removed from the sample.

This was a shocker to me when I read it and if true, wow, just wow. Now I know liberal arts colleges mean liberal but this ratio is stunning. The Left is training young minds to think like they do. Might be a good idea to research where you send little Johnny off to college.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many of these so called institutions of HIGHER LEARNING are nothing more than institutions of HIGHER PROGRAMMING. The more I watch, learn about, and listen to the political left, the more disgusting they become.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
being that my wife, and mother in law are both high school teachers, I can tell you that the statistics are similar in high schools as well. I think the teaching profession lends itself to the bleeding hearts of the world. It is always fun, I seem to find the 1 or 2 conservative teachers at every event I end up at, usually camo helps them find me

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
College is highly overpriced & overrated. The sad part of this is that you darn near have to have a college degree to get a job --even to clean toilets! Experience and street-smarts don't help on most apps. The liberals have a strong-hold. YUK!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a teacher and at one of OUR trainings, the trainers asked us to write down how we were "privileged" growing up white.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The education systems, both K-12 and colleges/universities are public enemy number one

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many of these so called institutions of HIGHER LEARNING are nothing more than institutions of HIGHER PROGRAMMING. The more I watch, learn about, and listen to the political left, the more disgusting they become.

They're not taught how to think, but what to think.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a teacher and at one of OUR trainings, the trainers asked us to write down how we were "privileged" growing up white.
I would reply back to that "I am here WORKING, waiting for that white privledge to kick in, may I ask when I should expect that check?"

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
08372da0326ebea864990adea42839c4--white-privilege-truck-drivers.jpg

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
College was bad enough when I went 48 years ago and it's been rushing down the crapper ever since. When I retired 12 years ago I couldn't believe the crap college grads believed. The only thing worse than the colleges are the fools in Washinton. Backstabbing republicans are really ticking me off. We know liberals are nuts and there is no hope for them, but the republicans are so disappointing.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
College was bad enough when I went 48 years ago and it's been rushing down the crapper ever since. When I retired 12 years ago I couldn't believe the crap college grads believed. The only thing worse than the colleges are the fools in Washinton. Backstabbing republicans are really ticking me off. We know liberals are nuts and there is no hope for them, but the republicans are so disappointing.

Perverts and money worshippers right? Those are the two boxes right?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once had a chiropractor tell me that if I was a doctor like him I would understand, always rubbed me the wrong way. As this particular back cracker didn't know me or my education, but was very put off of my support of vaccinations for children. Liberal professors remind me of this particular dink.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
so kooky the white privilege thing

projecting a characteristic onto someone due to their skin color is the definition of racism

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Not even close.

As far as Liberal college professors, it depends on the major. Most of mine were very conservative.

my experience too, working a bit in a couple of ND University systems, part time for 30 years and now volunteer some.

i just ran across some study that looked pretty reputable that looked at different universities in terms of Conservative/independent/Liberal rofessors and found a large variation from institution to institution and from major to major within institutions. All over the place. The humanity types were more likely to be more populated with the Liberal persuasion, sciences more independent middle of the roaders or more Conservative. No surprises there.
The bottom line is to say all or most universities and professors are Liberal is silly. Some universities yes, (most in San Francisco Bay Area for example) but most vary all over the place. And some California Universities were rated very Conservative. I have student relatives at a couple and can agree with that. Cant tar em all with the same,brush. Private universities are a separate category - some way out right, some extreme left, depending on the owner/sponsor. Some surprisingly darned middle of the road and fairly open minded.
U of Mary here in Bismarck is a good example of a,conservative facility but encourages overall open minded objective thinking. Yep, some professors are extremely right or left minded, but students seeing all arguments from both sides and thinking about it all in my opinion is a good thing. For a religious institution, I’ve been very impressed with their open mindedness on most, but not all issues.

A steady intellectual diet of Liberalism OR Conservatism IMO is a BAD thing! Far too much of,that.

One of,the perceptions of most of us here that are VERY conservative, is that even people who are moderate conservative or middle of the readers are considered Liberals, or RINO’s, when they are definitely NOT what most people would consider definitely Liberal. And we have to remember that a lot of people are Conservative as heck on some issues and often Liberal as heck on others. Can’t or shouldn’t categorize everyone as “them”and “us!” That just muddies the thinking waters. IMH OLD O.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also women are taking over our educational system and they have a bias against boys in general, if they dont act like little girls at least...

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Also women are taking over our educational system and they have a bias against boys in general, if they dont act like little girls at least...

Haven’t seen much of that Lycan. undoubtedly there’s some radical ball crunching feminists out there, but women I’ve worked with in the university systems generally have been overly fair, some almost to a fault, to avoid the Limbaugh type feminazi type criticism.
Yep, more women in higher education for sure. When I graduated 49 11/12 months ago we had 4 women in our class of 50, now classes of fifty the last few years in UND have averaged almost exactly 25 out of 50, give or take one or two! Same with my Alma mater, Nothing wrong with that, though you do hear grumbling from male applicants that they weren’t accepted because some woman or native applicant bumped them. From being on admissions committees in 2 Universities, that was never the case. Could happen in some universities, especially big famous ones where pull is required, but rarely In the ND system.
Off topic Lycan, but I’ve never heard an unsuccessful female applicant grumble that she Was bumped by a male or Native American or minority applicant! LOL. Go figure...
Yep, could happen but committees really do try their best to be as fair as possible,
it’s heartbreaking to turn down excellent qualified applicants because there is no room! Can’t let everyone in, only do many spots available.....forced to turn down hundreds of excellent applicants every year.......even now I feel sorry for those poor kids, and all the people they could have helped.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55