Let that sink in!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of curiosity, if the entire education system is the enemy, what's the ally?

I know you didn't ask me, and I don't really agree with the statement that the education system is an enemy, but First on my list would be God, followed closely by the parents would get the nod from me.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
2bdf35b4-a654-4862-86b4-c2d544b9b994_1.ce45aff32cfe9007cdfced6bac09ac95.jpeg

• 2bdf35b4-a654-4862-86b4-c2d544b9b994_1.ce45aff32cfe9007cdfced6bac09ac95.jpeg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b04a95663664

National
[h=1]Democrats under fire for removing ‘God’ from party platform[/h]

By Lauren Markoe| Religion News Service September 5, 2012
The word “God” is nowhere to be found in the Democratic national platform this year, an omission Republicans have seized upon as a failure of their opponents to appreciate the divine’s place in American history.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
I respect your answer KDM, but what happens if you’ve gone round and round and simply cannot being yourself to believe that there is some metaphysical entity like a God? Sorry, I can believe and try to follow all the good things Jesus said and did, and the good things in many othe religions while dumping the bad things, but the concept of a God eludes me. Can I substitute being as good a guy as possible for believing in a God? And definitely being tolerant to everyone’s beliefs and NEVER EVER trying to shove mine, or lack of, down anyone’s throat. That’s bad, no matter who does it!
Family and parents -yes, yes, yes! And support efforts for those who don’t have family or parents.
Education mostly good though. Not public enemy number 1 IMO! Even if for no other reason than money alone, study after study clearly shows that the more education you have, the better the job, the better pay, medical coverage, disability, retirement, etc. Talking averages here. Plenty of outlier numbers too. Not putting down any careers that don’t require higher than high school training. Don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I respect your answer KDM, but what happens if you’ve gone round and round and simply cannot being yourself to believe that there is some metaphysical entity like a God? Sorry, I can believe and try to follow all the good things Jesus said and did, and the good things in many othe religions while dumping the bad things, but the concept of a God eludes me. Can I substitute being as good a guy as possible for believing in a God? And definitely being tolerant to everyone’s beliefs and NEVER EVER trying to shove mine, or lack of, down anyone’s throat. That’s bad, no matter who does it!
Family and parents -yes, yes, yes! And support efforts for those who don’t have family or parents.
Education mostly good though. Not public enemy number 1 IMO! Even if for no other reason than money alone, study after study clearly shows that the more education you have, the better the job, the better pay, medical coverage, disability, retirement, etc. Talking averages here. Plenty of outlier numbers too. Not putting down any careers that don’t require higher than high school training. Don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

What if my belief is that at some point one has to draw a line in the sand and simply say no I am not compromising with the liberal agenda or being "tolerant" of their beliefs?

You have seemed to have tried to shove this ideal of "compromise" with liberal agendas down others throats on more than one occasion bobkat.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Compromise, GST, sometimes results from TRYING to be open minded, looking at all sides of a problem or issue, and TRYING to figure out a good solution that might benefit everybody. Definitely NOT saying the resulting thinking or conclusions are necessarily correct, hell no! We are all human, last time I checked. Just always have tried to encourage thinking about things rather than necessarily parroting along stuff we’ve been programmed to believe since we were born! IM OLD O it’s much better to THINK than simply be a left wing OR right wing LEMMING! And an opinion about something is just an opinion and should never be thrust down anyone else’s throats.. I’ll promise to try never to do that..though I might disagree with you GST.

In in this case I THINK...oops...KNOW I will never get a rational discussion with GST, so am out of here. Much more important and productive things to do.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah .....so you are saying standing firm for ones principles is not being "open minded"??

How do you know someone that draws a line in the sand has NOT read and learned and educated themselves in an "open minded" manner prior to making a choice not to compromise?

Here again after claiming to NEVER shove your ideals down someone elses throat you are claiming that "compromise" is the only answer.

So I have as expected one simple question bobkat, where would this nation be if the Founders had simply "compromised" with the British?

Hopefully these comments and questions have stayed within the "rational discussion" guidelines bobkat and you can feel them worth replying to as I am curious to hear your response?

- - - Updated - - -
"And definitely being tolerant to everyone’s beliefs and NEVER EVER trying to shove mine, or lack of, down anyone’s throat. "

Lets take one example bokat and you can explain to me and others why I should "compromise" on this issue.

Boys being able to choose to use a girls locker room or bathroom in high school or a man choosing to use a woman bathroom in a public facility?

Tell us bobkat why should I be "tolerant" of some 40 year old mans "belief" he is a woman so he can take a piss in the same public gender specified restroom my 12 year old daughter just went into?

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
In in this case I THINK...oops...KNOW I will never get a rational discussion with GST, so am out of here. Much more important and productive things to do.

Bobkat, I hope you don;t embrace the typical liberal response to someone that questions their decrees. Deem that person a certain thing and then ignore what you don;t want to face answering.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
It is pretty predictable that the liberal will demand "compromise". They spout off about "tolerance" and how ones actions impact other people and that others ideologies(the minority) need to be considered and protected.

But what we have seen in reality is once a compromise is made, the result is never good enough. There is ALWAYS more demanded as the goal posts are moved.

The "tolerance" we are preached to about is only a one way street. You must be tolerant of liberal ideals or you are a racist or chauvenist or maybe just an uneducated redneck. However your conservative ideals may be painted as any number of outdated ignorant evil fallacies you must change.

the feelings of that person that can;t figure out what gender they are MUST be protected but the feelings of the parents of a little girl that do not want a grown man in the bathroom with her need to be ignored as this LBQTRSGBESDERG whatever they pretend to be over ride all others.

So now having a set of beliefs are deemed "intolerant" if they do not meet the standards decreed by the liberal.

So stop and think about this bobkat I take my daughter to the mall and she has to go to the bathroom. So we go to the mall bathroom and she goes in. right behind us someone that is clearly a man in a dress that appears to have mental health issues follows her into that restroom.

By law he (man) has the "right" to go into that womans bathroom and whip out his pecker and take a piss becasue he "identifies" as a woman, but if I identifying as a man walk into that restroom for no other reason than to ensure my daughter is okay I can be arrested.

THAT is the world your "compromise" has gotten us.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
From reading your posts for years GST, in my opinion your main problem is that when anyone has an opinion that differs from yours, you interpret it as them trying to ram their opinion down your throat and force you to agree or abide by it, or them insisting on winning some kind of non existent argument. However, a discussion with someone expressing an opinion about something is NOT an argument and should not be interpreted as such or develop into an argument. No one ever WINS an argument and nothing positive ever results. No winners or losers in a discussion either, but often positive, out of the box new ideas crop up, and often other people learn something they weren’t aware of.

my second suggestion is that if someone does disagree with you and happens to be even slightly to the left of your often far right rigid opinion of something, even if that person is well to the right of center of the “Normal left right probability curve” (understand what Im saying here, GST? To the left of you but far from LIBERAL!) then you immediately brabd them with the inevitable LIBERAL, LIBERAL LIBRAL nonsense. You and Plainsman are famous for that and have driven many good intelligent members from several websites over the years, though that’s another story.
in any case, remember that being Conservative is a wide, wide range, and not just one little tiny finite spot far to the right of center! There room for the rest of us somewhere in that big expanse, too! Also, many of us happen to think fairly Liberal (omigod, he admits it!!) on some issues and extremely conservative on others, and everywhere in between on others! Nothing wrong with that, but please don’t label these people as horrible unamerican traitors or any of the many names rigid thinking people come up with.

try think of these suggestions a bit before shooting from the hip and maybe you’ll have a few more friends on websites and not alienate so many good people! Or maybe you do it on purpose. Your choice. Not trying to hurt your feelings, only a bit of advice.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
From reading your posts for years GST, in my opinion your main problem is that when anyone has an opinion that differs from yours, you interpret it as them trying to ram their opinion down your throat and force you to agree or abide by it, or them insisting on winning some kind of non existent argument. However, a discussion with someone expressing an opinion about something is NOT an argument and should not be interpreted as such or develop into an argument. No one ever WINS an argument and nothing positive ever results. No winners or losers in a discussion either, but often positive, out of the box new ideas crop up, and often other people learn something they weren’t aware of.

my second suggestion is that if someone does disagree with you and happens to be even slightly to the left of your often far right rigid opinion of something, even if that person is well to the right of center of the “Normal left right probability curve” (understand what Im saying here, GST? To the left of you but far from LIBERAL!) then you immediately brabd them with the inevitable LIBERAL, LIBERAL LIBRAL nonsense. You and Plainsman are famous for that and have driven many good intelligent members from several websites over the years, though that’s another story.
in any case, remember that being Conservative is a wide, wide range, and not just one little tiny finite spot far to the right of center! There room for the rest of us somewhere in that big expanse, too! Also, many of us happen to think fairly Liberal (omigod, he admits it!!) on some issues and extremely conservative on others, and everywhere in between on others! Nothing wrong with that, but please don’t label these people as horrible unamerican traitors or any of the many names rigid thinking people come up with.

try think of these suggestions a bit before shooting from the hip and maybe you’ll have a few more friends on websites and not alienate so many good people! Or maybe you do it on purpose. Your choice. Not trying to hurt your feelings, only a bit of advice.

Um not one single mention of the question I posed you ( you see that is how a "discussion" works asking and answering questions in a polite manner) yet a lecture of what one should do according to bobkat...........seems a bit like you are trying to shove your "opinion" down my throat here bobkat.

Oh forgive me they are merely "suggestions".............suggestions that have been made REPEATEDLY time and again admonishing many on these internet sites. (at least the conservative folks)

Perhaps you missed that question so here it is again.

- - - Updated - - -
"And definitely being tolerant to everyone’s beliefs and NEVER EVER trying to shove mine, or lack of, down anyone’s throat. "

Lets take one example bokat and you can explain to me and others why I should "compromise" on this issue.

Boys being able to choose to use a girls locker room or bathroom in high school or a man choosing to use a woman bathroom in a public facility.

Tell us bobkat why should I be "tolerant" of some 40 year old mans "belief" he is a woman so he can take a piss in the same public gender specified restroom my 12 year old daughter just went into?

I am truly curious to hear your response to this simple question bobkat.

I do thank you for your concern about the numbers of "friend" I have on internet sites.........but I am not as concerned with that as you seem to be. I have plenty of real live friends I know who go by their actual name and are not afraid to say to my face what they think and believe. I appreciate people like that.

My concern is more with speaking the truth on these internet sites than making friends. Those that choose to realize what I post for what it actually is can make their own mind up if they want to be my "internet friend' or not..

I was never one for popularity contests............but I do think integrity is a pretty big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey just out of curiousity bobkat, when was the last time you lectured, oops, gave a suggestion, to a liberal on being "tolerant" and "compromising"?

If one comes on an internet site and gives their opinion on something and shares suggestions is it not fair they can expect questions on that opinion or suggestion?

- - - Updated - - -

Allow meto let you in on a little something bobkat.......there are LOTS of "opinions" on here I do not agree with I never post a thing on (best musky pickling recipe, ice pirates, unloading boats.....ect.....

I mostly post on two issues when they come up how I make my livelihood and our Constituion..both are a passion for me.

-I try to stay away from sharing opinions and instead try to share fact ( ad nauseumcopy and paste links) as much as I can so that people have a little something more to make their minds up on an issue than someones opinion (or story or accusation in many cases here)

So thank you for your suggestions but I am more interested in your answers to a couple simple questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps we should be "tolerant" and "compromise" with these folks bobkat?
[video=youtube;TVPUdgSmVoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=TVPUdgSmVoU[/video]

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a teacher and at one of OUR trainings, the trainers asked us to write down how we were "privileged" growing up white.

I suppose "being born with a need to work hard and prove myself" was an unacceptable answer?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I was really hoping bobkat would share suggestions why we should compromise and tolerate the likes of the people in the video I shared.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

Blasphemy!!!! ;)

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Excellent answer Allen! I agree wholeheartedly! Except you weren’t born this that hard working need, you learned it, with the help of you parents, family, the whole community around you! And you learned it well, by the way!
I’d allso add,the biggest help was being lucky and smart enough to choose the right parents who lived in a place in the world where we Have those opportunities, and picking the right parents who encouraged us to work, study and hopefully do well in life! Damn,most of us here were sure smart long before we were born. Kidding....
Hard work and dedication is primary, but call me a liberal GST, for reminding us that the opportunity playing field isn’t exactly level across the country for kids, much less the world. I wish all kids had parents like all my fishin huntin buddies and other friends and acquaintances, but sadly it ain’t so!

- - - Updated - - -

Blasphemy!!!! ;)

Maybe you and GST can burn me at the stake! ;:;bowdown

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard work and dedication is primary, but call me a liberal GST, for reminding us that the opportunity playing field isn’t exactly level across the country for kids, much less the world. I wish all kids had parents like all my fishin huntin buddies and other friends and acquaintances, but sadly it ain’t so!
Agree, the liberals seem to think the Government can fix it by throwing money at the problem, and they can't. But they keep on trying. So just keep working harder and they will take more of your money.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
bobkat you post in this thread to give "suggestions" yet you do not answer a simple question posed directly to your suggestion. Are you not confident enough in what you are trying to shove down our throats every chance you get(tolerance and compromise) to answer a couple simple questions regarding your "suggestions"?

Why should I tolerate and compromise with those two things I have listed above?

The opportunity for people will never be equal. Would you take away or decrease the level of opportunity some kid may have over antoher becasue their parents worked 4 jobs to send them to college over the kid whos parents sat in the bar drinking up their college education?

Or perhaps you are the one that decrees which kids parents were sufficiently rich regardless of effort or situation to justify taking from them to give to another.

Bobkat you can volantarily pay more taxes if you think the govt knows best how to use them. Have you ever done that?

But before you don;t answer questions in your lecture/suggestion to us on that subject, how about you just answer why those of us on this site should tolerate these kids demands for gun confiscation and some guy pretending to be a woman whipping out his pecker pissing beside our daughters in a public restroom.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." Aristotle

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
I had 2 nieces go to concordia all i can say is wow

True, but what I assume we are talking about are public universities. Concordia, U of Mary, St. John’s and about 9000 other private universities (estimated n7mber in USA) are understandable with their selected staff and official philosophies. Doesn’t mean kids don’t get a good education at all, as long as objective thinking is encouraged. Dunno about any others, though I’ve been impressed with objective thinking and thinking out of the box up at U of Mary. Disclaimer - I’m not ca5holic and have no ties to U of Mary directly. I disagree with them on birth control stuff, but probably most people,do.

- - - Updated - - -

They can NOT
handle the TRUTH.

who are “THEY” zogman. Seriously, I don’t understand. The studentS, faculty, general public....???

- - - Updated - - -

Lighten up GST! Your videos get more inaccurate and medically totally dark ages every day. No more wasting time trying to respond only to face a tsunami of more inane questions and inaccurate videos!
Go away! On second thought, maybe I’d best be the one to.depart! Far atoo much time wasted......

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79