She's getting the hang of it!

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think my fiance is getting this hang of this whole bow shooting thing! She has very naturally good form, and below are her arrows at 20 yards, i wont be having her shoot at a deer that far but 15 yards and in from the ground blind, those deer had better beware!

11874019_10101505939232795_2099394598_n.jpg

11912956_10101505939312635_1624205355_n.jpg

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like she's got the hang of it! :;:thumbsup
That bow looks a tad small for her...

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking very good Arrow. Almost looks like she could go a little longer on the draw length but the results speak for themselves. Like your elevated ring too. Does that target stop your bow? I would like to buy the cheaper targets but I keep thinking that my bow will punch through them with broadheads.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya i was thinking about extending the draw length another notch and see what she thinks, and the bag target doesnt work the best for my arrows, they are pretty heavy and from time to time blow through, but they are better than our shot out foam targets!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one of those yellow jacket bag targets as well. Heavy is right, but it has no problem stopping my arrows at 304 fps. I have a bowtech heartbreaker that might be up for sale here pretty soon. If she gets hooked, let me know.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I mentor at our youth archery league and a couple pointers to possibly consider that will help in the long run.

1. get her to shoot withe her arm fully outstretched. Bent arms leave room for variance in your draw while a locked elbow really doesn;t change much. If she has trouble hitting her arm, possibly tuck the two bottom fingers into the palm behind the grip.

2. shoot with a flat wrist so the pressure from your bow is against the bone in the bottom of the palm of your hand. bow to bone contact once again is more consistant than a flexed forward wrist.

3. relax the grip on the bow, if the rest of the form is correct it will settle into a solid bone on bone connection all the way thru your arm back to the shoulder.

4. Try keeping the elbow of the draw hand more parrallel with the ground, it makes it easier to bend your waist instead of your arm to move the bow up on target that way

5. the draw length deffinately needs to be lengthened and likely guessing longer arrows. I teach kids when shooting a release to use their thumb stuck out onto the back of their neck as an additional anchor point. If you have a point on your face the release hits plus a thumb point on the back of your neck, there is a good consistancy in your form which good shooting is all about. Add a kisser button to the corner of your mouth and a three point anchor is pretty consistant.

hope you don't mind the pointers, teaching archery is very fun and rewarding when you watch how kids (not that your fiancee is a kid) progress. A lot of the kids we started out are now taking some really nice bucks with their bows. Good luck this fall.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bow arm needs to be straightened a bit, and the release arm should be parallel to the arrow (this is done by adjusting the DL, and dropping the back shoulder, assuming that the bow arm is positioned properly). I would lengthen the DL by .5-1" and see what it looks like from there. At full draw, the grip should be sitting on the bone at the base of the thumb with the knuckles at a 45 degree angle.

Bad habits are tough to break, so make sure you get her started out on the right foot.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're going to need a pic of this angle with the proper clothing to further assess her shooting "form" . And remember we're here for ya buddy ! ;:;popcorn

attachment.php

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88