Took a lamb leg for a spin...

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boneless leg of lamb seasoned with Tatonka Dust on the rotisserie getting some cherry smoke and cooking indirect courtesy of the Vortex to a internal meat temp of 140º and then pulled for a rest.

-----

Removed the rotisserie from the grill, flipped the Vortex for more indirect cooking, added a grate to put on a French loaf my wife doctored up with a olive cheese bread recipe and a bag of frozen veggies, a green bean/carrot blend flavored up with some butter, bacon pieces and Tatonka Dust in the cast iron pans.

-----

Plated and ated... this was an excellent meal!

Thanks for looking!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found out lamb and young goat are EXCELLENT meals while down in Peru. The only thing about either of those dishes is that you MUST EAT IT HOT!! Otherwise the fat reconstitutes and the meat seems like it's covered in crisco. Makes me drool mossy!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks great Mossy!

KDM, agree on lamb and goat, very good. If you ever go back, try alpaca...

Tried alpaca on at least 3 times and it was tough and pretty much tasteless. Must have gotten an old one as I was not impressed with the flavor or the lack of tenderness in meat. Have you tried cuy, aka guinea pig? That was a dish that I was very surprised with. Good flavor, tender, and very enjoyable.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, I haven't but I imagine it would be pretty good, only have seen it on TV. The alapca I have tried was raised in the U.S. and it reminded me of venison and had to be cooked like it too.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear ya nodakbuckeye. I know one thing, the cloth made from alpaca is HOLY CRAP WARM AND NOT ITCHY!! We bought a bunch of blankets while we were there and I wish I'd bought 4 times as many. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that jazz. Yeah the alpaca I had was in the highlands of Peru, so I suspect they weren't as well fed and cared for as those is the US.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah no doubt, amazing animals. We raised them, sold lots of yarn from our animals and a lot of hats, gloves, scarves and sweaters; we have a king size blanket that is awesome. I've considered calling our sock guy in Kentucky and ordering a few dozen pairs and do a show up here. Basically a heavier sock like a wool hunting sock but not as heavy, only thing I wear in winter.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah no doubt, amazing animals. We raised them, sold lots of yarn from our animals and a lot of hats, gloves, scarves and sweaters; we have a king size blanket that is awesome. I've considered calling our sock guy in Kentucky and ordering a few dozen pairs and do a show up here. Basically a heavier sock like a wool hunting sock but not as heavy, only thing I wear in winter.

How long do they last without boots/shoes covering them? Do the bottoms of your feet get wet?

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you see a pair of size 14 thick blue hunting weight socks that are light and really soft stuck to the ice on a lake somewhere that was me. Haha. Probably a sign that the fishing there sucks as I have a knack for picking the wrong lake.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks good Mossy. Lamb is excellent. My daughter made a Pakistan dish the other night; I assume it was goat or camel. Anyways it was kind of a hotdish with sweet potatoes. Not too bad.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a pretty bold assumption.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 126