Transducer cable splice

b52beaver

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever spliced a transducer cable? I got mine tangled and broke today. I know its just a three wire cable but any ideas how or even if to do it right with the shielding. Or if they work as good if their spliced? Maby just buy a new one?

Thanks

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind are you looking for? I have a brand new one for a lowrance in my garage that will never get used.

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shielded cable sucks to splice! We use a lot of sensor's on equipment that run shielded cable and we have tried to splice them, just like he did in the video, with very little success. Yes they will work after they are spliced but that splice changes the way that sensor reads. They are never as accurate as when that cable was whole, so anymore we just run a new cable when we find a bad one. A variation in signal on a potentiometer or a temp sender can do some strange things. Granted this is a different application than a transducer but I would still be pretty hesitant to splice it myself.

What's the cost of a new one? Splice it for a quick fix to get you back on the water but in the long run I would replace it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82