Best Spring Bobber

RRmaniac

Established Member
I am going to fish perch with tungsten jigs. Any suggestions for the brand or type of spring bobber?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like Thorne Bros. spring bobbers, but they're sorta kinda specifically made for their poles. Might work on other stuff, but I'm not sure.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually like the little spring ones from frabil but they ice up fast on cold days so you have to pick your time with them.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are sensitive and for lightweight lures if that is what you are looking for. They are about 4-5 inches long I am guessing. Mounting system is not the greatest and can fall off, a wrap or two of tape can prevent that.

s-l300.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tried a few different types and now run sanded fiberglass rods like meatsticks. Awesome sensativity and I feel like I know and control what my jig is doing better. If I had to suggest a good spring bobber rod it would be the scheels brand rods that have them built in, my buddy has been using one the last 2.5yrs and does good with it. I had problems with clip on and the ones you put into the guide, either you ice up at the wrong time or the clip comes loose.

- - - Updated - - -

By the time I got tired of testing spring bobber attachments I could have just bought a rod and I was off and running with confidence

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rapala makes a good spring bobber attachment. It'd also titanium. I've had good results using this on ice rods I've built with a spring bobber. You can also tweak the sensitivity by moving the spring bobber up and down.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the story on the headstamp?

I have a few remaining .25 caliber reloads of my grandfather's using Frankford Arsenal 1924 National Match brass. My grandfather died in 1962 in his eighties. Reloads look like the neck is longer than modern .25-06 Remington.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82