I watched V's vid fwd facing

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last weekend my buddy brought down his foward facing garmin. Granted by buddy is a newby on the boat -- he iced fish with it. So we got it set so we could see sunnys and my jig or his jig. But i have to admit farting around trying to lure into sight it i just didnt feel like Jacob Wheeler. Maybe its a setting. But spent way to much time on it --- and believe it or not i pitched a slip bobber out in front of the thing didnt see the smally come up and get it but it was tank for the lake i am on. I put the smalliy back in front of the transducer seen it for a split second. Even though it has big slice of water and it picks up water bugs, small forage etc --- it didnt see my big smally.

End of the day i fished the other side of the boat just the like the dude did in v's video and hammered the fish while my bud is glued to the screen

Moral of the story --- so far imo hell of a ice fishing machine ----- on soft water i am not sold yet. I will buy one some day.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I’d agree with you. It is better in the spring.

There is definitely a learning curve to using it, including when to use it and when to leave it at home.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84