Goofy looking goose

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw this guy this morning well out for a little cruse. I know it looks like a blue but its not its a giant Canada. It had a full white head and neck and the majority of the wings were white. It's the wings that give the white look towards the back. The bill was a color about half way between a snow and a speck. The bird also didnt have a grin patch either. Not sure if it's some type of cross with another type of goose either wild or domestic or if it's an extrem version of the quill lakes style color phase. Either way would be a cool bird to put on the wall.

Screenshot_2016-11-05-21-53-32.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell do you mean you're not freaking sure?!:)

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well don't know yet....taking spotting scope DNA mapping and deer aging 101 so by the end of the semester will be able to know exactly where a bird comes from and who its parents were with a quick glance through the scope.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could be a cross with a tame goose.
I know when my Mom raised geese occasionally we would see them mate with wild ones.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shoot!!! Adjust for windage.

- - - Updated - - -

I would honestly attempt to harvest with a rifle. If questioned, ramble on angrily for 15 minutes how you emailed for a collection permit but never heard back.

Bet the warden let's you off with a warning.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be a hell of a shot that goose is about 400 yards away! nothing like trying to explain why half the birds is missing to the taxidermist!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were counting on your expertise and all you come up with is yo dunno??? CMON MAN......goose or no goose......

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw one just like this yesterday in the minot area. It was with a bunch of huge honkers. It almost looked like a seagull, but it was about 3x the size. When they took off flying I could see that it had black on the bottom half of it's wings

- - - Updated - - -

It almost looked like a darker snowgoose, but it was the only one in a flock of about 250 jumbo honkers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 177
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84