Anyone have a bow press?

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been lookin into getting a bow press. the stand alone ones are a hell of a lot more expensive than i ever thought but the cable type seem reasonable. anyone have one? worth getting to do my own tuning and re stringing? or better to just bring it in? only crappy part is that the closest store for that is 1 1/2 hours away. thoughts?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple homemade ones and a portable cable one. I recommend buying a good one if you're going to do it.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got one as well. If you do a fair amount of tinkering with your equipment it will be worth it. Especially if you have to travel any distance to a club or pro shop that has one.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should note though, having a bow press and tinkering/tuning my bow has made me a better archer. But, once you're down the rabbit hole, there's no going back. Kind of like the two theories of the golf swing.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Last Chance EZ Green. I've definitely made a few mistakes when messing with it but have learned a lot and enjoy doing my own work now. If I had to got 1 1/2 for someone to work on my bow it would absolutely be worth it to me to have my own. It does lead to other things though, like building your own arrows and stuff but doing it yourself it half the fun.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And living in the forest with "little john and the merry men". Would that be one?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're handy with metal and a welder, I've got some plans to build a really nice one. I'm planning on doing it myself, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't really like to tinker on my crap but have to out of necessity because of where I live also. I've had cable presses and they suck. Buy a Last Chance Archery EZ Green and be done with it. So much more enjoyable and easier to work on things when it's pressed like that vs cable system.

And if you have a new Hoyt it complicates things even further, I'm not sure there is a current cable press that works for them. There are only a select few that work on the new Hoyts at this time.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I appreciate the info. If I was worth a she-ite at welding I would be looking into that route, but I aint. However that EZ Green looks pretty slick. I like the set up and how it mounts right to a countertop. Will do a little more poking around but i appreciate all info.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82