2017 mn twins...

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is Buxton so stinking good in the field and just plain stinking at the plate? So strange to me.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is Buxton so stinking good in the field and just plain stinking at the plate? So strange to me.

Hes good in the field because of his speed...speed doesn't help his offense when he strikes out every time

JCNodak

Honored Member
Well, you can blame the rest of the season on me. I took the family to a game on Easter Sunday and even got a new Twin's Hat. They are going to lose out from here.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, so sick of Mauer. Just refuses to make any changes to his game. Always watches the first two pitches go by even if they are complete meatballs. Then puts a grounder right to the shortstop or whoever and fielder didn't have to move an inch. They have the shift so dialed in on him. Just predictable as hell. A guy that used to flirt with .350 now batting .150. Disappointing and disgusting.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, so sick of Mauer. Just refuses to make any changes to his game. Always watches the first two pitches go by even if they are complete meatballs. Then puts a grounder right to the shortstop or whoever and fielder didn't have to move an inch. They have the shift so dialed in on him. Just predictable as hell. A guy that used to flirt with .350 now batting .150. Disappointing and disgusting.
Go easy on the guy, he's actually hitting .220! ::: Joe's 34 and his best years are certainly behind him. 2 or 3 years ago I held out hope that he might approach his MVP form again; he almost certainly isn't even going to come close again. He had a few good years but it's amazing how much better his 2009 year was than the rest - how convenient that it was right when he was about to enter free agency. He hit .365 with 28 HR and 96 RBI that year; never has eclipsed 13 HR or 85 RBI in another season and he's pretty much been their 3 hitter all the time. The guy is 6'5 225 lbs, it just doesn't make sense. He had 49 RBI in almost 500 AB last year - that's like entry level second baseman production! Target Field really hurt his numbers as well as all his other issues.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Horrible home stand for the Twins.

And why o why is Gibson still being sent out to the mound? The guy has been horrible for the last couple years. I can't believe any player or coach thinks they have a chance to win the game when he is "pitching"....and I use that term loosely.

Disgusting.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;popcorn Just waiting for the meltdown to begin.....he he he.....just matter of time...and oh...as of this morning they are 8-10...but hey...they are up on toronto..he he he GOOD MORNING FELLAS!!!

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only a matter of time before the Twins follow the Wild and Vikings down the poop chute.... Usually by mid-season, too.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
JHow bad are the twins when they send out the catcher who throws a 65mph fast ball!!! Good grief! They SUCK again!

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terry Ryan is gone yet the moves are the same. Gibson and Mauer need to go! Pitching will dictate success. Time to bring some young guys up and find out who can play. Gibson sucks cannot say it often enough.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are caught in the death spiral like the vikes. gonna last a couple generations.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are caught in the death spiral like the vikes. gonna last a couple generations.

You can't compare their death spiral to the vikings one..... that has lasted literally every generation so far

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, 43 games in we are starting to see what we have here. 25-18, which is a .581 winning percentage . Extrapolated out to a full season, that is 94 wins. Not too shabby. In fact, pretty damn good. Can they carry this out to 162 games? Most likely not with out some additions. Having 4.5 starters is gonna kill them down the stretch. In floors me that Gibson is a professional pitcher. He's 29. Everyone knows what he is and what he isn't. If they don't make a move, I would think him and Duffy trading places would be the most logical play. But that's neither here nor there. I think the biggest difference between this year and last is this team has shown grit. They don't just roll over like the 2016 team did when faced with adversity. In any case, they're actually enjoyable to watch this year. Buxton's outfield play is must watch TV. There is Cy Young discussion around Santana and Sano is a monster but that we better enjoy now because we probably won't be able to afford him when his contract is up.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
the ultimate set up for the ultimate let down......they will still finish below .500 its not even the all star break yet

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 46