2017 mn twins...

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Definitely been fun to see them turn around and the young guys develop. I'd still be surprised to see a winning record by the end of the year. We haven't had to play much of the AL East yet and the Central is fairly weak other than Cleveland. Buxton almost surely will spend some time on the DL with how he flies around and of course Mauer will too. The batting lineup is about as solid as you're going to find. Still a solid starter or two away from really being a contender - hopefully Berrios can continue what he's done but Hughes, Gibson, Santiago, Mejia probably ain't gonna get it done. Man I forgot about Trevor May being on the DL, would be nice to get him on track with this group.
They should be trying to lock Sano up right now long-term (maybe they are, don't know). Kind of like Tampa did with Longoria - lock him up with a contract that'll take him until he's at least 30. You just don't see power like that come around a lot.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh don't get me wrong it's been fun and they are well above expectations ... however MN fans remember the Vikings start last year ???

yes yes I do remember that and I am a queens fan, I was telling my younger brother broncos fan how the Vikings D was just as good as the broncos the year prior:;:imwithstupid;:;badidea.......................yeah apparently I was on fkn drugs that day as we all know what happened. uff da he wont let that one down and I don't blame him

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Berrios and Santana are pitching very well right now...hopefully Santiago can get out of this little funk he's in. Mejia is starting to show a little of what he could be. Hughes is serviceable when he gets run support which they have been able to give him thus far. Gibson scares the daylights out of me but they are playing well. Man between Vargas and Sano they got some decent power. Keppler and polanco are showing some promise. Pretty fun squad to watch right now

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough weekend for the Twins. Sunday they were up 5-3 going into the 9th and Kintzler gave up 2. They had several chances to win in extras but couldn't get a sac. Lost in 15 innings. Monday they were up 8-3 in the 8th and gave up 11 runs in the 8th to lose 16-8. Ouch. Not a good weekend for the bullpen.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The loss today belongs to Kintzler. His screw up yesterday blew up the bull pen for today.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
My fault, I bought tickets for Wednesday afternoon game after Santana survived the 7th.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The loss today belongs to Kintzler. His screw up yesterday blew up the bull pen for today.

I see your point but I'm hanging it on molitor....after yesterday's debacle you know your bullpen is exhausted why are you pulling Santana.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see your point but I'm hanging it on molitor....after yesterday's debacle you know your bullpen is exhausted why are you pulling Santana.

Santana was at 114 pitches. Molitor probably thought they could get 6 outs before giving up 5 runs :)

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't realize the pitch count was quite that high...2 tough losses in a row

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it seems that a decision has been made to view this young ball club in person. This will be a family outing … Anyone been to Target Field recently? Any recommendations for a first-timer…parking? Seating? Must sees and eats?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it seems that a decision has been made to view this young ball club in person. This will be a family outing … Anyone been to Target Field recently? Any recommendations for a first-timer…parking? Seating? Must sees and eats?

Most of the times I've been there we've sat down one of the baselines. If memory serves the first baseline will provide a little more shade if you're planning on attending a warm day game. As far as the food goes I haven't really found anything I don't like. The nachos with everything never disappoints. There's a little tent that does German bratwursts that I think is along the third base concourse. As far as parking goes we've been staying at one of the hotels downtown within walking distance. It's never a cheap day but it's always a fun day at the ballpark so enjoy!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
watch the highlights for tonight's game...

going to bed, but twins up by 2 touchdowns in the top of the 9th...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you attend a game with true baseball fans and the group isnt too big and you can afford it, i say behind home plate is sweet. No better place to watch a game than just above the eyes of the umpire and the catcher and looking at the ball from the time it leaves the pitchers hand until mauer watches it go by right down the pipe.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
For parking we have parked at one of the couple of free Park and Ride lots for the Metro Transit. Worked well, I would do that again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1