Smoke pole

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good luck to the lucky few. With 10 preference points maybe next year but I will not hold my breath.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! Go get'em you fog flingers!! Please post pics. It helps ease my jealousy. Thanks!!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck to the lucky few. With 10 preference points maybe next year but I will not hold my breath.
8 preference points is a 23.9% chance of drawing and that's as far as G&F chart goes haha. You might be around a 40% chance with 10 points. Ive never put in for Muzzy and it basically seems pointless to start now.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been to long my old Hawken is going to have to bite a few squirrels. I think I am going to have to get a couple of the grandkids hooked on the old charcoal burner.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put in with 0 preference points. I couldn't care less what percent chance I have...it's STILL a chance. There's just something mystical about pulling the trigger.....and having ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what happened. (Grin)

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need to change the rules back to open sights and external ignition. Then they could double the licenses available cause of less success. Win win for everyone. Can you tell I think the new inline, scoped "muzzleloaders" are ridiculous. All they are is another rifle season. Not even close to what the original intent of the season was years ago.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot my first two muzzy bucks with a cap and ball CVA using grain powder. 60 yrd range or so. LOVED IT!!! Especially when the cap would go off........and nothing else. ;:;banghead

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never could get used to the time it would take to go off. I mean pull the trigger, hammer trips to cap, pop and then the long kaboom maybe. I am sure I made many trophy bucks out there by spraying their under belly with frozen earth.;:;rofl

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got drawn for one several years ago and used my percussion cap/patched round ball and it was a blast.

30 yard shot and nothing like waiting for the smoke to clear!

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never could get used to the time it would take to go off. I mean pull the trigger, hammer trips to cap, pop and then the long kaboom maybe. I am sure I made many trophy bucks out there by spraying their under belly with frozen earth.;:;rofl
Try a flintlock. It’s even more exciting. ��

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot smokeless in my muzzy and its a lot of fun, never had a tag to actually go after a deer yet tho...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new equipment has taken it to far away from the original intent. I believe the scopes are still required to be a 1 power only but the new inlines have turned it into a single shot season. The muzzy season fate was doomed when they started allowing additional doe tags to be used during muzzy season so everybody bought one.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blackhorn 209 powder all the way! I've never drawn a muzzleloader tag, but did shoot one when we had the extra doe tags. I had already been applying and figured it was a good chance to practice.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new equipment has taken it to far away from the original intent. I believe the scopes are still required to be a 1 power only but the new inlines have turned it into a single shot season. The muzzy season fate was doomed when they started allowing additional doe tags to be used during muzzy season so everybody bought one.
Is there anything deer hunting related that you don't have a gripe about? Also in your avatar the mustachioed hombre is the good guy and Trump is Vader. Commie.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started applying 9 years ago with the thought of buying a smoke pole when i draw a tag. I still havent had to make a purchase. I think it would be pretty cool to have to use an old flint lock rather than the new inlines. Hell, shooting out to 150-200 yards i think strays from original intent. Much more interesting to see the hammer drop, hold, hold some more and then wait for a boom that may never come.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 204
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 59