Founding Member
Founding Member
829937FF-6735-45BA-8797-F95755708BB4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Found some open water

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw a boat out on the river. No idea were they got in at but a boat on the river none-the-less is another good sigh of spring.

Last edited:

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were working on pushing out Fox Island last night, don't know if they got it all the way open or not

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Driving over the bridges in Bismarck the river is open bank to bank except for some shore line ice that must be keeping the ramps closed that I imagine will be open sometime during the week. I curious how far south the river is open like this? Anyone have an idear?

Jaaseth127

Was out today.. fished around Bismarck with no luck. Water temp was 34.6. River is open damn near to the desert last time I drove down.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of boats on the Mo today. 30 or so rigs at Fox island parking lot.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
gonna be a long time before we are putting boats in up in these parts-devils lake. maybe coulees mid april. but, i am guessing we could still be ice fishing late april the way the forecast looks.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
How hard is it to navigate the river? Picking up the new to me boat next week but I don't think I'll be able to wait 30-days for a lake to open up? I was thinking I would drop in south of Bismarck and go that route if it is feasible.:;:huh

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
How hard is it to navigate the river? Picking up the new to me boat next week but I don't think I'll be able to wait 30-days for a lake to open up? I was thinking I would drop in south of Bismarck and go that route if it is feasible.:;:huh

Go on a calm day. North of the Desert is deadhead city.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

take her to nelson lake and stay on the south end.

- - - Updated - - -

Was out yesterday from merriweathers to tokache, trail is very much the same I used last year. We picked up 4 through the various spots, all were plain white lindy

I knew not saving my routes off my old graphs would bite me in the ass.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member

I guess it kind of depends how big of a boat it is and how bad you want to be beached on a sandbar in 33 degree water. If its a 16' tiller dump it in and head up current so if you get into trouble the current will help you get back off. If its a big glass boat id probably learn elsewhere or with a knowledgeable soul in the boat.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever fished the rainy river? My first trip up there Headed up tomorrow any tips or something to watch out for would be appreciated.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12