Federal Digital Currency

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tucker had a segment on his show tonight about disappearing ATMs.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found out It's hard to get a cash and customer service from a bank when on the road if your not a regular customer. I unexpectedly bought a tractor for 3K while I was in Fargo a couple years ago and had the money sitting in the checking account but the bank I went to wouldn't take a personal check . In the past I would have them call my bank and verify the check is good , worked for years but this bank wouldn't do that because I could walk out the door and stop payment on the check . So I asked about my debit card, that was no good either. So then I get handed a print out with specific wiring instructions to tell my banker. My bank wired the money but my name wasn't on it. I said well heres my photo ID , It's me. Not good enough , by then I had to wait over noon hour for my banker to get back and put my name on the money order.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found out It's hard to get a cash and customer service from a bank when on the road if your not a regular customer. I unexpectedly bought a tractor for 3K while I was in Fargo a couple years ago and had the money sitting in the checking account but the bank I went to wouldn't take a personal check . In the past I would have them call my bank and verify the check is good , worked for years but this bank wouldn't do that because I could walk out the door and stop payment on the check . So I asked about my debit card, that was no good either. So then I get handed a print out with specific wiring instructions to tell my banker. My bank wired the money but my name wasn't on it. I said well heres my photo ID , It's me. Not good enough , by then I had to wait over noon hour for my banker to get back and put my name on the money order.
The banking system is a no absolute debacle now.

Bobkat

Established Member
I’ve run into the same problem, living 5 months a year 2000 miles from home. A lot of this verification stuff and hoops to jump thru has been added by banks over recent years because of all the scammers, dishonest people these days. Like airline security boardings, it can be a royal PITA, inconveniencing us all because of a relatively few crooks! I recognize that buying something like your tractor, a UTV, will be completed but like airline boardings, you might have to wait a few days or a week or so for your money to come through. Irritating, but I suppose it’s necessary to safeguard your money.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve run into the same problem, living 5 months a year 2000 miles from home. A lot of this verification stuff and hoops to jump thru has been added by banks over recent years because of all the scammers, dishonest people these days. Like airline security boardings, it can be a royal PITA, inconveniencing us all because of a relatively few crooks! I recognize that buying something like your tractor, a UTV, will be completed but like airline boardings, you might have to wait a few days or a week or so for your money to come through. Irritating, but I suppose it’s necessary to safeguard your money.

What bothered me most about the fiasco is the thought of what if I lost my wallet with ID and credit cards when traveling . First thing to do is cancel or put a hold on the cards but without the cards how would I know the phone number to call . That and getting a banker to help someone without a photo ID would be a tough row to hoe. Hopefully a guy could go to the county sheriff and get some advice or at least a printed copy of your drivers license .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What bothered me most about the fiasco is the thought of what if I lost my wallet with ID and credit cards when traveling . First thing to do is cancel or put a hold on the cards but without the cards how would I know the phone number to call . That and getting a banker to help someone without a photo ID would be a tough row to hoe. Hopefully a guy could go to the county sheriff and get some advice or at least a printed copy of your drivers license .

Davey, about once a year or whenever I travel, especially internationally, I empty my wallet and photocopy its contents. Then I keep that one photocopy in a safe place at home, and put another one with my travel documents (passport, itinerary, tickets, etc). That way if I lose the wallet, I have the numbers to call readily available.

I have thankfully not needed the copies as of yet, but it's not a bad practice to get into. It always amazes me at the crap that doesn't get put back in my wallet every time I do this.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
1675391858338.png

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, about once a year or whenever I travel, especially internationally, I empty my wallet and photocopy its contents. Then I keep that one photocopy in a safe place at home, and put another one with my travel documents (passport, itinerary, tickets, etc). That way if I lose the wallet, I have the numbers to call readily available.

I have thankfully not needed the copies as of yet, but it's not a bad practice to get into. It always amazes me at the crap that doesn't get put back in my wallet every time I do this.
We travel abroad once or twice a year, mrs johnr has a system, and is my banker, so I can be my usual irresponsible self.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is how you get a national sales tax while getting rid of the IRS at the same time to work. No currency and with everything done electronically the tax will be automatically applied to every exchange of funds. Be careful what you ask for.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
moving away from paper money is the first major step towards instituting a national social credit score. They will track everything everyone buys, who you give a $ to, so it WILL be taxed, etc. It would be the beginning of the end of freedom in america.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74