my pillow

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone try one of these pillows yet.
I am in the market, and thinking this must be one hell of a pillow with the amount they have put into advertising it.

any reviews out there?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You've made a good choice in a pillow. I turn a lot of patients towards them, usually after they try every pillow at walmart/target/kmart. Price-wise, not that bad actually.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you sleep on your side with your arm sticking out like this (on the right)
sidesleeper.jpg

then buy this "side sleeper" model from TEMPUR-PEDIC

Tempurpedic-1.jpg

I love mine anyway. Took a few nights - but now it's irreplaceable.

Nice thing about tempur stuff - it's the same thing night after night for years. Doesn't change and turn into a pile of goo over time forcing you to buy a new one- that starts out too big bulky, gets perfect for 6 months or so, then goes flat and disappoints.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You've made a good choice in a pillow. I turn a lot of patients towards them, usually after they try every pillow at walmart/target/kmart. Price-wise, not that bad actually.

dirtymike do you personally sleep on one?

I stayed in Minot Saturday night after the Aerosmith concert, not sure what the Fancy hotel had for pillows but they were pretty good as compared to my 10 year old down feather germ catchers I am currently using.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
dirtymike do you personally sleep on one?

I stayed in Minot Saturday night after the Aerosmith concert, not sure what the Fancy hotel had for pillows but they were pretty good as compared to my 10 year old down feather germ catchers I am currently using.

I don't. I've ordered them in for patients quite a few times and they all like them. I've been meaning to take one off the shelf the next time we get them in. It will be my next pillow.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's me guy, I have an old feather pillow I have had for years but can't seem to get rid of it. I so picky about pillows that I have to take it with me when I go out of town. So yeah I admit I have a security pillow. I have to if I don't sleep right my whole day is shot. I like feather pillow cuz it hold my shape of my head when sleeping on my side with my arm under my pillow. So does this pillow temper pedic make your arm lose circulation?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope - no loss of circ for me

been years since I woke up with arm ache from hell - but I think it's the Tempurdic bed that helps that more than the pillow.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive always used feather pillows, not just down tho, a combination is best, cuz they are cooler to the touch and not SOOO fluffy. Unfortunately new GF seems to have allergies to feathers so I have switched to a 'down alternative' microfill type pillow and I dont like it nearly as much, but still better than standard pillow, which I cant stand at all. I hate firm/thick pillows and I like to have my head relatively flat with my body, sometimes I dont even put a pillow under my head, but thats a little TOO flat..

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with DirtyMike-- I turn a lot of patients towards them (or similar shredded, latex-based foam pillows) as well. It seems that they hold a good mixture of both comfort and support for most side sleepers. The foam can also be pressed aside and thinned out a bit for back-sleepers.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried one of the better latex foam bits/pieces models last year when I attempted to upgrade from my 7 year old tempur (galwhofishes burned it because I drool).

It's density shifts around too much for me - I like consistency. Don't like playing the "flop head and shoulder around for 20 seconds" game to adjust to proper density. I went to the furniture store to buy new tempur and found the side sleeper model and just about cried for joy when I laid down and tested it.

Wish I had known johnr was looking - I would have given him the bits/pieces pillow instead of giving it to my gardener. :D

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have a gardener? Fricken awesome, is he colored...:;:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr is the gardener in our home also, as I cant bend over...

cant-reach-cd-0.jpg

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had one for over a year. Take it with me when we go to hotels.

Used to use feather down pillows (from geese we shot and plucked ourselves so people don;t make the foolish accusation of a non"sportsman")

Sleep on my side and pretty much quit having to go to the chiropractor for my neck.

Have bought a couple more for the bunkhouse in the calving barn and the couch when I am forced there.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
DirtyMike what do you think of them water pillows? I have three bulged disks in my lower neck and my water pillow seems to work alright.
I got the pillow years ago from my brother in law who is a chiropractor in Jamestown just wondering if there are better pillows

- - - Updated - - -

DirtyMike what do you think of them water pillows? I have three bulged disks in my lower neck and my water pillow seems to work alright.
I got the pillow years ago from my brother in law who is a chiropractor in Jamestown just wondering if there are better pillows

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66