Vexilar Comparisons

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have 2 18's, just don't see spending the extra coin for what does exactly the same thing. Buy the 18 and use the extra cash for a handheld GPS and chip. Use the GPS to mark spots in the summer to go back to in the winter. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Buckshot-

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate my proview transducer. what a mistake... on me by buying one, on vexilar for building it

What is the major issue with the proview? I like reading this when i have a brand new one at home in the box :;:rockit

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have 2 18's, just don't see spending the extra coin for what does exactly the same thing. Buy the 18 and use the extra cash for a handheld GPS and chip. Use the GPS to mark spots in the summer to go back to in the winter. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.
Thumbs Up

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 28 and you can see the minnow head fall off the spoon in 25 feet of water. Target separation is amazing. I agree though - the transducer where you can't select cone angle is a bunch of BS. Otherwise its been a good unit.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't bad compared to no electronics! It just major sucks not having any sort of zoom.

They ARE pretty bad if you fish deeper than 30 ft. Even 20-30 is getting lame. The marks become tiny and difficult to use.

Anything shallower than 20 feet and they're pretty much as good as others IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd have to fish with zoom to appreciate not having it.

Zoom is nice in deep water. In under 30 feet though the fl8 will suite u just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an 18, I only use it with the bottom zoom. I cant imagine fishing without it.

My buddy has the 20 and 28, the instant digital depth on the 28 is neat, but I don't think it is $200+ more in cost neat.
it gets the 3 on the neatness scale.

Using the word neat for everything isnt all that "neat". Use more powerful verbage for a change... Strive to really punch your point home once in a while haha. Dont you thirst for more than just "neat" things and "neat" boring stuff all the time? #neatisboring

- - - Updated - - -

Neat is uncle steve boring... Just sayin

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 28 and you can see the minnow head fall off the spoon in 25 feet of water. Target separation is amazing. I agree though - the transducer where you can't select cone angle is a bunch of BS. Otherwise its been a good unit.
:;:thumbsup

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zoom is nice in deep water. In under 30 feet though the fl8 will suite u just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Using the word neat for everything isnt all that "neat". Use more powerful verbage for a change... Strive to really punch your point home once in a while haha. Dont you thirst for more than just "neat" things and "neat" boring stuff all the time? #neatisboring

- - - Updated - - -

Neat is uncle steve boring... Just sayin

Neat is like the f word, it's placement through out my described statements is fucking neat....haha

Once you grasp it, you too will be neat

- - - Updated - - -

Jon Galt is a faggot. That answer your month long question lunker

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marcum units rock!!!! Especially in deep water, they ensure your's is the only flasher that's accurate. Get a Marcum within 1/2 mi of a Vex and the Vex user instantly becomes 2x greater risk of a stroke.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the major issue with the proview? I like reading this when i have a brand new one at home in the box :;:rockit

you can't choose a narrow cone. If on a slope/edge with a wide cone your bait and even fish are "below" the bottom. Blinding you. Honest truth. Dumbest idea ever. Sometimes a wide cone is needed (to see your dead stick for instance) and you can't choose that either. You are at the mercy of idiotic Proview. What a stupid name BTW. Grrrr!!

- - - Updated - - -

Watch the goofy pro at Vexilar's video, he'll explain how Proview works. Not. Ha ha ha ha. It leaves you asking "what????".

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe you could duct tape the outer edges, narrow the view right down

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was a lot of auto correct going on that was not supposed to should of proof read that.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, maybe? Or maybe just like tape

- - - Updated - - -

It suckered. The message that says it all

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78