Tracks needed for Lake Winnipeg?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
he mentioned earlier that they are rated for 5000 lbs. With those you could go with a little bigger rig like an s10 chevy blazer. however, the blazer is about 1000 lbs heavier than his tracker. some day I will have a rig like that...

- - - Updated - - -

i-10.jpg

This will have to do for now. I would like to pick up an atv someday for early/late ice with little or no snow.

with ski carbides, scratchers and a studded track I have no problems with glare ice

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
with ski carbides, scratchers and a studded track I have no problems with glare ice

Do the ice scratchers help keep the hyfax lubed or more for helping to cool a LC engine? mine is a fan

Have been thinking about studding my track...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
one is fan cooled - the other is liquid.

scratchers throw ice chips both on the underside of the running boards (radiators) of the liquid cooled and into the tracks for the hyfax lubrication

I bought the flexible type of scratcher cuz I quickly tore the crap out of two sets of springy kind by reversing with them down ;:;banghead

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huffranger..we were the group next to you at the hotel with the other white ram megacab...your rig was cool and would be great for stayin warm and dry....Did your other friends find bait when they came up, think it was the Saturday night.

Yes, smoke and fish was still open at 9pm and he grabbed two bags o skinny minnows.

Next year I'm pre freezing fat heads and bringing my own bait. We end up tearing off the heads so frozen would work for me.

Hey buzzard01 ! Great chatting with you fellers, not sure if you guys were directly behind us in the motel but somebody was really snoring. My boy asked why the motel made that sound ?? Nothing was keeping us from a full night of sleep, I'm glad we stayed Sunday night to get a fresh start on the road Monday.

On my last trip home I probably should have pulled over I was getting nappy behind the wheel.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, smoke and fish was still open at 9pm and he grabbed two bags o skinny minnows.

Next year I'm pre freezing fat heads and bringing my own bait. We end up tearing off the heads so frozen would work for me.

Coke minnows my friend, coke minnows. Pretty sure it was guywhofreezesminnowsincoke that gave me that pro tip. works great!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
would Pepsi work? its the choice of a new generation ya know

- - - Updated - - -

I was also told by a big swed that you can purchase your Canadian fishing license on line, would this be true, and if so who can offer me up the address to handle such a transaction?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Compared to heading out west to the big C, the big windy is just a hop skip n a jump! The red is pretty much wide open running through Selkirk by the way right now.

FB_IMG_1458248933198.jpg

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Compared to heading out west to the big C, the big windy is just a hop skip n a jump! The red is pretty much wide open running through Selkirk by the way right now.

off topic but i read somewhere the dnr out there (forget which state) recently classified walleye as an invasive species in the columbia? I guess they want them gone. I'll see if i can find the article.

Founding Member
Founding Member
They do, where we fish there is no limit on them its a shame when your pumping out 17-20 lb fish year after year.

walleye big c girl.jpg

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
off topic but i read somewhere the dnr out there (forget which state) recently classified walleye as an invasive species in the columbia? I guess they want them gone. I'll see if i can find the article.

I've got some family out in Oregon and they have said that walleyes have been treated that way by a lot of people for quite a few years now. Something about them being really tough on their precious trout/steelhead. Almost thought of like squawfish out there in certain places.

Last edited:

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have gotten a licence by mail in the past, I don't think you can get them online. The application is online but you have to mail or fax them in. Takes a couple weeks to get back

buzzard01

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hey buzzard01 ! Great chatting with you fellers, not sure if you guys were directly behind us in the motel but somebody was really snoring. My boy asked why the motel made that sound ?? Nothing was keeping us from a full night of sleep, I'm glad we stayed Sunday night to get a fresh start on the road Monday.

On my last trip home I probably should have pulled over I was getting nappy behind the wheel.
Ya that was the other 2 in there room snoring. I never heard a thing all night to tired from the early mornings.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have gotten a licence by mail in the past, I don't think you can get them online. The application is online but you have to mail or fax them in. Takes a couple weeks to get back

Thanks, looks like I will be stopping at the bait shop to license up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55