Useless to Useful

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I'd start a thread with something positive in an effort to offset ongoing negativity and moshpit theatrics. I have a few 275 gallon liquid totes previously used for firewood, where the bottom pallet is busted up pretty bad. Instead of tossing the whole thing out to clutter up the landfills or other disposal sites I decided to make useful panels out of the cages. I cut the rounded corners off the cages made of 1/2 inch conduit and connected them with 3/4 inch conduit and sections of old plastic water line I had laying around. When I connect opposite sides together I come up with one panel at 6'4" and one panel at 5ft. Now you may ask what good are these? Well I plan to use some of them to protect newly planted trees and some of these will be trellises for grapes, cucumbers, and other vine crops while still others will be used to try to keep chickens out of places they shouldn't be. Feel free to add to this thread with other ideas of how to repurpose otherwise useless item. Here is a pic of what I did. It's the 6'4" panel. Hope it works. Enjoy!!

sheep panel.JPG

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I'd slant them so they are south facing and plant at the bottom, then train the vines to climb. I got just over 500 cucumbers off of this 16 foot trellis
cucumbers1.png
Thanks for the idea. I might try. I put a chain link vertical with not great results

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That will work great. Got similar and sure helps not to have to crawl around on the ground for cuc's

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I'd start a thread with something positive in an effort to offset ongoing negativity and moshpit theatrics. I have a few 275 gallon liquid totes previously used for firewood, where the bottom pallet is busted up pretty bad. Instead of tossing the whole thing out to clutter up the landfills or other disposal sites I decided to make useful panels out of the cages. I cut the rounded corners off the cages made of 1/2 inch conduit and connected them with 3/4 inch conduit and sections of old plastic water line I had laying around. When I connect opposite sides together I come up with one panel at 6'4" and one panel at 5ft. Now you may ask what good are these? Well I plan to use some of them to protect newly planted trees and some of these will be trellises for grapes, cucumbers, and other vine crops while still others will be used to try to keep chickens out of places they shouldn't be. Feel free to add to this thread with other ideas of how to repurpose otherwise useless item. Here is a pic of what I did. It's the 6'4" panel. Hope it works. Enjoy!!

sheep panel.JPG
Can you build a cage large enough for Camper?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! Took all of 15 posts to turn a positive thread into an attack. Well at least I can say I tried. Later Boys. See you after the election.
Takes more than a full day to grow up 😉

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 156
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93