Tail Gate Tent

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wants

1. Sturdy poles that can stand some weight to hold it down from the wind.
2. long enough sides where they form a skirt at the bottom that actually rests on the ground sort of like portable ice fishing tent so that wind doest blow in from under the sides
3. Windows
4. Zippered sides or if velcro - or wide velcro
5. Where the tent sides meet the roof - wide velcro --- in other words not a gap so air blows through.
6. Custom printing or some type of bison printing on side or roof.

Any deas?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
are you thinking insulated or tarp ? Might have to be a DIY project , buy one and modify it

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
1713478650822.png

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a otter flip over and mounted it to the bed of a Japanese mini truck bed, worked pretty good. I added some tarp so it would sit on the ice. used it for 2 years.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a otter flip over and mounted it to the bed of a Japanese mini truck bed, worked pretty good. I added some tarp so it would sit on the ice. used it for 2 years.
I always wanted to do that when I drove blazers and suburban's , I bet it worked slick.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decided to go this route so I can do dispersed camping in the mountains this summer. For convenience I put together the rig in the bottom picture. Instead of putting the tent on the roof of my SUV I put it on the trailer so that I can unhook the SUV and go sightseeing/run errands without having to take down the tent each time I want to move the towing vehicle. The tent can stay set up if I want to squat on one site for multiple days. I wanted a rig that could carry my ATV at the same time in case I wanted to do some off-roading. I mounted an electric winch on the back of the ATV to pull it onto the trailer since I can't back it under the tent. Plan to give it a shake-down run at Danzig or Sweetbriar as soon as the weather gets better. Trailer weighs about 700#, ATV weighs about 800#, tent weighs 120#, camping equipment, food, DC fridge, 10 gal.s of water, 2 deep cycle batteries for the solar panels, etc. about 500# (I plan to be off grid for days at a time). I had planned to pull it with my new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid but unfortunately the ATV sits too far forward on the trailer and there is too much tongue weight for the RAV so I will use my old Suburban when I take the ATV along. Hope it works the way I planned.
23Zero_Breezeway_2.0-1.jpg
23Zero_Breezeway_2.0-1.jpg
23Zero_Breezeway_2.0-2.jpg
23Zero_Breezeway_2.0-3.jpg
IMG_3724.JPG

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3