$1 Certificate charge on new license purchase

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it go to conservation or anything like that it was the $1 for the old yellow sheet but now we buy online and use our own ink and paper to print a license off if you go that route or just save it to your smart phone.
I don't have a problem with depending upon what it is used for.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it goes to Ducks Unlimited to buy land in ND:;:stirthepot

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that but didn't think twice since I was buying the thing at the boat ramp. On one had I'm thankful that it's still reasonable for me to fish 3 miles from my house, on the other hand I'm in the camp that government doesn't need another cent of our money until they start becoming more efficient. Even if it is a branch of government that I like. That reminds me is it normal for an hp to check fishing licenses? I don't care hat he did, I even thanked him for taking the time to keep things legal in the area, and I meant it. It was just the first time I saw an HP do it. I thought maybe threat was just his way of getting a fishing report;)

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its to help pay for the new 5 million dollar governors mansion they are building you dopes!!:;:stirthepot Remember North Dakota is flat ass BROKE!! ;:;boohoo;:;boozerI like how the ND government was spending it 2 or 3 times faster then it was coming in when the oil boom was going on.;:;badidea

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its to help pay for the new 5 million dollar governors mansion they are building you dopes!!:;:stirthepot Remember North Dakota is flat ass BROKE!! ;:;boohoo;:;boozerI like how the ND government was spending it 2 or 3 times faster then it was coming in when the oil boom was going on.;:;badidea
I believe there is something like 5 billion excess funds in all their slush accounts. We're far from broke. They act like they're broke if they don't havd 10 billion in surplus funds now especially if they don't have several million a day coming in. We will now see massive increases in property and income taxes to ensure they don't have to tap their slush funds. They used to think they were rich when they had 400 million in surplus money. Now that's chump change.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't the 'Agent Fee' just another word for credit card 'Processing' fee?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that but didn't think twice since I was buying the thing at the boat ramp. On one had I'm thankful that it's still reasonable for me to fish 3 miles from my house, on the other hand I'm in the camp that government doesn't need another cent of our money until they start becoming more efficient. Even if it is a branch of government that I like. That reminds me is it normal for an hp to check fishing licenses? I don't care hat he did, I even thanked him for taking the time to keep things legal in the area, and I meant it. It was just the first time I saw an HP do it. I thought maybe threat was just his way of getting a fishing report;)

This I can agree with.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I take pride in being from a state that has a (almost) completely self sufficient game management agency. And it could be worse. We COULD have mandatory stamps for every species we pursue. I guess after buying a boat, a truck to pull that boat, an arsenal of fly rods, shotguns, rifles, ammo, bows, arrows, camo, and Nodak Angler stickers, I'll not bitch about $1. Or $15 fishing licenses. Or $30 deer tags. We could have it so much worse

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I take pride in being from a state that has a (almost) completely self sufficient game management agency. And it could be worse. We COULD have mandatory stamps for every species we pursue. I guess after buying a boat, a truck to pull that boat, an arsenal of fly rods, shotguns, rifles, ammo, bows, arrows, camo, and Nodak Angler stickers, I'll not bitch about $1. Or $15 fishing licenses. Or $30 deer tags. We could have it so much worse
I don't think it's the cost anybody is concerned with. It's the principal and or hidden agendas that people are calling into concern.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care about the money. That was never the issue. It's the principle of the fleecing and that we will just lay down and take. I'm sick and tired of the people being f#£{ed over and raped by government and we just let it happen. It's thoughts like yours that allow them to keep getting away with it.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
The government will be asking for more money for licensing and taxes to a point a guy won't be able to enjoy the things I do today. Work your ass off to give it to someone else is getting sickening. Maybe its time to sell all your shit that a guy has busted his ass for and live off of all the programs the government offers! Becoming one of the leaches is looking better every day. ;:;rant ;:;boozer

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
G&F runs off the license fees it collects. Does it really matter what they call it, or how they split it up?
The certificate is the portion of the license that carries your name and address. It used to be paper, now it is
becoming electronic. What's the big deal?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be for them setting it aside to stock more crappie and bluegill in the state. They sold 222,000 fishing licenses last year. Thats almost a quarter mill of free cash. Maybe they could call it bribe from anglers to quit stocking so many pike?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
The government will be asking for more money for licensing and taxes to a point a guy won't be able to enjoy the things I do today. Work your ass off to give it to someone else is getting sickening. Maybe its time to sell all your shit that a guy has busted his ass for and live off of all the programs the government offers! Becoming one of the leaches is looking better every day. ;:;rant ;:;boozer

seriously.... when is this rhetoric going to stop. Im more pissed about corporate welfare than some dirty hippy getting a few hundred bucks a month. (i know there are abusers of the system, but how many? and what dollar amount?)

1 dollar certificate fee isnt going to keep you from buying a new boat or a yeti cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

id venture trump has benefited (abused?) our tax dollars far more than Rhonda or Sheniquoa in the trailer park has.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
G&F runs off the license fees it collects. Does it really matter what they call it, or how they split it up?
The certificate is the portion of the license that carries your name and address. It used to be paper, now it is
becoming electronic. What's the big deal?
Should we leave all taxes on the books that no longer serve the purpose they were intended for?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the 'Agent Fee' just another word for credit card 'Processing' fee?
It's not an agent fee. By law, an agent can't charge a fee. The rule has been in place since everyone was paying in cash.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
seriously.... when is this rhetoric going to stop. Im more pissed about corporate welfare than some dirty hippy getting a few hundred bucks a month. (i know there are abusers of the system, but how many? and what dollar amount?)

1 dollar certificate fee isnt going to keep you from buying a new boat or a yeti cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

id venture trump has benefited (abused?) our tax dollars far more than Rhonda or Sheniquoa in the trailer park has.
Well said Wags :;:exactly

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 181
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59