$1 Certificate charge on new license purchase

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious if someone could fill me in on the $1 charge for Certificate fee when you buy your new license online. Now I understand it's just a buck & not going to break me but was wondering what it's for. Before when you bought your license from a store I attributed the extra charge recouping the cost of printing the license books, but now I print my license out on my own paper so what Certificate am I being charged for. Again I get it it's only $1 & please don't rip me for being a tight ass. Just a simple ?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess it is to pay for all the northerns to be stocked in Nd

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Question! I thought the extra $ for having stores sell them went to the store owners themselves to help compensate their staff for doing this..perhaps not. At any rate..good question about the online fee.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just looked at the century code. Just says that $1 for the certificate and the agent can't charge you for the service sooo, I would say you have a good question. I just always in the back of mind chalked it up to some sort of habitat stamp/fee but nope, that is clearly different.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just looked at the century code. Just says that $1 for the certificate and the agent can't charge you for the service sooo, I would say you have a good question. I just always in the back of mind chalked it up to some sort of habitat stamp/fee but nope, that is clearly different.

The $1 fee is imposed by elected lawmakers and can be changed by them. I'm guessing the funds are just applied to some other cost instead of paying for a bunch of specially printed license paper pads. (...like stocking northerns.)

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The $1 fee is imposed by elected lawmakers and can be changed by them. I'm guessing the funds are just applied to some other cost instead of paying for a bunch of specially printed license paper pads. (...like stocking northerns.)

I'm guessing I could call and ask from the lawmakers and the G&F and wouldn't get a clear answer as to where that money is going. $1/resident, $2 per NR.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like we are getting meeloshed again...

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called the G&F on this and I was told it's a state law, they have to collect this fee. They told me to contact my district representative and and start the process to get rid of it. Good luck with that!!! Ya I know it's only a dollar but it's the principle.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called the G&F on this and I was told it's a state law, they have to collect this fee. They told me to contact my district representative and and start the process to get rid of it. Good luck with that!!! Ya I know it's only a dollar but it's the principle.

Seems like a relic law from the old "yellow sheet" days. Won't be repealed unless its brought up to our legislators.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I bought my SD license it said 'agent fee' (I think). What agent, its now online??? :;:huh #Taxripoff

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
does the $1 go to the general GNF fund, or to pay for some special program, or do the legislators get a few extra drink tickets when they meet every other year?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another way to suck every last bit out of you they can. If they sell 150,000 licenses, do the math. It adds up.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
does the $1 go to the general GNF fund, or to pay for some special program, or do the legislators get a few extra drink tickets when they meet every other year?

Think it goes to the mountain lion restocking program.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah but its not about the money... Just ask them...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33