advisory meetings

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don’t think about that because that wouldn’t support their ideals.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Years ago when we where shoveling or augering grain in and out of bins or whatever if some grain fell on the ground my mother would have us pick up every last kernel and put back. Part of growning up in the 1930.
Now days that grain sometimes looks like a few bushel and no one picks it back up. Hell if i drove the truck up wrong to the combine and some grain when on the ground. Get a shovel and get it back in the box. db

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NDGF really needs to learn from a statistician how to properly gather and interpret data with Real numbers.

So where did you get your stat degree? Or are ya just running at the mouth and don't really know anything about statistics.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha ban the baiting. So when that happens do the piles left from machines and dryers become illegal? Good luck banning baiting in ND.
the piles won't be illegal but hunting the piles will be. I'm sure someone on here from states that don't allow baiting can chime in on their regs on this matter.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess I would have a couple questions before they over react and do a bait ban on a wide area. How far do deer roam in their home range? It was a mule deer that is infected, how far do mule deer roam? It seams funny it is just one deer. Maybe more will show up? Should'nt they clamp down pretty hard on the immediate infected area first to see if it could be controlled at the area? Have they tested for this disease statewide in every unit? I do think it needs to be adressed but I would think it would be well thought out and after much discussion and thought they would arrive to some type of plan to adress it. Just food for thought after thinking this news over. It seams funny to me that 1 deer randomly shows up in a unit that seams to be pretty far from any other diseased deer and them WAM we have a bait ban.

Fish On!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes - great point

unless someone is feeding or baiting with animal protein feed in that area... what caused this isolated case???

- - - Updated - - -

the piles won't be illegal but hunting the piles will be. I'm sure someone on here from states that don't allow baiting can chime in on their regs on this matter.

what’s the banned perimeter around these incidental spills?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes - great point

unless someone is feeding or baiting with animal protein feed in that area... what caused this isolated case???

- - - Updated - - -

what’s the banned perimeter around these incidental spills?
youd have to ask someone from states that have this in place already. Deer travel a long ways at times. Not unlike fish. Not just as fast. The 3A1 case probably came down from Canada where they have cwd.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So eyexer you feel that banning hunting around a grain spill will help stop CWD?

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In looking at the previously posted CWD map, it looks like the distance from the unit in ND that has CWD and the distance from the closest spot in canada that has CWD, is about the same. How dang far does one muledeer travel with a disease? Nothing found inbetween the points. I'm sure that due dilagence was done on the followup of where and when this mule deer was harvested?? Right??
I'm just asking for a friend who suggested this to me in a conversation. You don't suppose that this one mule deer showed up in unit 3a1 in the back of a pickup or trailer that was on a hunting trip somewhere close to or in a CWD infected area?? I think it's ok to ask questions when something this important is being discussed and hunting bans are being tossed around to see what everyone's reaction will be to it.

Fish On!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
CWD has nothing to do with hunting but the powers that be will turn the corner on hunters and make it their issue.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So eyexer you feel that banning hunting around a grain spill will help stop CWD?
I didn't say that. I was simply saying the G&F will use this to outlaw baiting. That's all I'm saying.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
A baiting ban would put an end to some of the outfitters in our state. It would certainly change bowhunting for many people. One question I have is would they then ban the baiting of turkeys? How about the feeding of songbirds? Just so happens my birdfeeder has a treestand next to it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112