The time to stock up is now.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the 2020 election in sight, I predict another run on guns and ammo, particularly those scary black guns.
Right now the market is saturated due to overproduction from the Obama years, which is creating low prices. Those won't last.

Currently, you can get a (decent) AR15 for under $500, and 223 rounds for 18 cents per round or less (steel case).

Here are just a few good deals I know of. You may know of better ones:

Guns and parts:
I've never seen ARs this cheap:
Palmetto State: https://palmettostatearmory.com/
Bear Creek Arsenal: https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/
Brownells is doing a 10% off and free shipping (today only): https://www.brownells.com/

Ammo:
Palmetto State again: https://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition.html
SG ammo: https://www.sgammo.com/
Carolina Munitions: https://carolinamunitions.com
Or just use ammoSeek: https://ammoseek.com/
[SUB][/SUB]

And don't forget to stock up on reloading components. Those may become scarce too.

I think I can hear Bedwetter chuckling from inside his fort made out of AK crates and of cases of ammo. :D

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
.22 ammo is also as cheap as we will ever see it. Now is definitely the time. After Trump whether that be this next election or the one after I have a feeling he may be the last Republican President we are.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t forget to use activejunky when ordering from Cabelas, Palmetto State Armory, Academy Sports, or Brownells. They have various rebate rates and you receive payment quarterly. I’ve received a few hundred dollars back and have been using it less than a year. And if you use this link to sign up, we both get $10 after your first purchase: https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1545198

- - - Updated - - -

Sign up for email alerts from these guys. They’ve had some amazing deals on bulk ammo: https://www.theamericanmarksman.com/

- - - Updated - - -

I think I can hear Bedwetter chuckling from inside his fort made out of AK crates and of cases of ammo. :D

Damn right.

7F331889-BBF7-4CA8-8C64-233A534BE7D8.jpeg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchase my rounds a box at a time, no sense in having thousands of dollars tied up in potential future events. I don’t have a thousand AA batteries either, or astronaut food stashed in the cellar, but I would stock millions of barrels of whiskey if prohibition was ever to roll around again

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do want to start this bs now I will never forget not being able to get magnum primers because of some scare

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do want to start this bs now I will never forget not being able to get magnum primers because of some scare
I'm not starting anything. This is just a friendly PSA. Buy a brick or two of primers now, or you may be sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

.22 ammo is also as cheap as we will ever see it. Now is definitely the time.
Yeah, I forgot about 22LR. Remember when it was impossible to get and as it trickled in, it was limited to 1 per customer? That could happen again. Right now you can get it as cheap as 3 cents a round.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It wasn't the government that caused the ammo and reloading supplies it was the schitzo hoarders. The shorted kids from getting to shoot as the gobbled up every 22 shell in the country. Then the douchebags tryed to sell them on Bisman for $80 a brick.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wasn't the government that caused the ammo and reloading supplies it was the schitzo hoarders. The shorted kids from getting to shoot as the gobbled up every 22 shell in the country. Then the douchebags tryed to sell them on Bisman for $80 a brick.

So maybe you should buy a case. Then when douchebag hoarders gobble it and try to flip it for $80, you’ll have healthy stash and can be a good friend to someone who’s kid can’t get any .22 LR.

- - - Updated - - -

I purchase my rounds a box at a time, no sense in have thousands of dollars tied up in potential future events. I don’t have a thousand AA batteries either, of astronaut food stashed i the cellar, but I would stock millions of barrels of whiskey if prohibition was ever to roll around again

Properly stored, ammo will last long after I’m dead. It also doesn’t take up much space and weighs down my house to prevent it from blowing away in a tornado or floating away in a flood. Ammo forts are insurance against a lot of things. Why don’t you believe in insurance, juanr?

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So maybe you should buy a case. Then when douchebag hoarders gobble it and try to flip it for $80, you’ll have healthy stash and can be a good friend to someone who’s kid can’t get any .22 LR.

- - - Updated - - -

Properly stored, ammo will last long after I’m dead. It also doesn’t take up much space and weighs down my house to prevent it from blowing away in a tornado or floating away in a flood. Ammo forts are insurance against a lot of things. Why don’t you believe in insurance, juanr?

I did make sure any kid I knew had 22 shells to shoot. There is nothing wrong with stocking up for a few years but hoarding is what drives price up for everyone else. I know guys that don't shoot more than a few hundred rounds a year that have garages full of ammo that they will never shoot. When sportsman bought into everything internet fear tactic during the Obama administration it drove the price of powder, primers, bullets and ammo way up and most prices don't come back down.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

On issue #1, I believe they are saying that stocking up now is going to CAUSE the hoarding and panic buying and shortages, and prices going through the roof.

On issue #2, I agree. I have more ammo right now than I need, but one never knows. Speaking of "proper storage" what do I need to know. I keep mine in ammo crates in my finished basement. Dry and normal room temp. Am I missing anything?

Also, Juan and insurance. Oil and water. LOL

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
is that AR kit worth a damn? what type of lower would you get for it? (i am not a AR guy and have no idea).

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure I NEED any more 22lr ammo, but prices are good right now. Whats everyones favorite flavor? Any stand out as far as accuracy/quality goes? Ive had good luck with minimags in the past...

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure I NEED any more 22lr ammo, but prices are good right now. Whats everyones favorite flavor? Any stand out as far as accuracy/quality goes? Ive had good luck with minimags in the past...

I like the CCI standard velocity. They shoot well and are subsonic through my 16" rifle and pistol, so they sound sweet through my 223 can. I think I'm going to try the cheaper Blazer brand and if they aren't complete dogshit, I may buy a case.

- - - Updated - - -

On issue #1, I believe they are saying that stocking up now is going to CAUSE the hoarding and panic buying and shortages, and prices going through the roof.
A few guys in ND stocking up is not going to cause a buying panic. Also, if you stock up now, you spread the buying over a longer period of time. The industry has time to recover.

I do think that "stocking up" is different than "hoarding". The average Joe probably doesn't need 20,000 rounds of 223 to get them through a few tough years, but 1,000 rounds is not out of line.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

HahA, keeping the house from blowing away slipped my mind.
Sorry for the rash judgment

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes I got caught when prices went up. I had bought a case of 22 and as I remember it was $20 and then one knows what happen.

Do not shoot much anymore but have been buying 22s and now maybe have around 3-5000 rounds of 22. Scatter around the house so should gather, count to just see how many I have, maybe less. I know not enough of those CCI that are silver for my auto pistols.

Love my 22 hornet and have about 250 shells, my 25-20 I only have about 70 shells with 50 of them from the earlier 1900 that one day I plan to shoot a buck like the Jordan buck with. I do need to get a few on them but will need to order for them. A few boxes of 264 and 30-30, five boxes of 22 magnum, some 270 and I know maybe around 100 for my 219 zipper if I could find the damn things, a handful of shells for the 300 Weatherby from the 50s. Look last night for about on hour for the 219 zipper bullets and still can not find them. Got some oddball calibers like 22 special, 348, 375, 55-85 with no shells but not sure why I would need any for them. Only a couple of boxes of 44-40 and 32-20 for pistols.

But what I need to watch for is bullets for my M1. I believe that is around 276 bullets with 8 clips in my bandoleer so 64 ready in a moments notices if I can get the safe open. Being old I have the M1 for one reason and it is not to hunt or target practice and I assume I will be lucky to survive longer than getting 8 clips out but just in case do have 276 shells with a few that will go through iron plate.
Not one 223 as I have no understanding why one would have a overrated gun that shot that shell. db

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

On issue #2, I agree. I have more ammo right now than I need, but one never knows. Speaking of "proper storage" what do I need to know. I keep mine in ammo crates in my finished basement. Dry and normal room temp. Am I missing anything?

Also, Juan and insurance. Oil and water. LOL

Ammo storage: USGI ammo cans are nice. They make ammo easy to label, stack, and move while protecting ammo from moisture and open flame. I also throw in some little desiccant packets for extra insurance. I’d hate to have $250 worth of ammo trashed because of moisture when $.20 of silica gel beads could have saved it.

Buy small desiccant packets off Amazon.

Ammo cans can be expensive. I watched Midway until they had a sale. Picked up a bunch of “grade 3” surplus cans for $6/ea but I think they’re all gone now. They still have smaller cans for $5/ea and I have some of those too. https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=Surplus+Ammo+can&userItemsPerPage=24

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My 300 weatherby shells where my dads from the 50s with no special care for the boxes that I know of. Every 7 years that I do get to go mule deer hunting it is with those shells and it has work all three times so three shells where still good enough at 200-300 yards.
Do practice with new shells as I hope for the next 20 or so times I go mule deer hunting I still have some old bullets. db

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I got caught when prices went up. I had bought a case of 22 and as I remember it was $20 and then one knows what happen.

Do not shoot much anymore but have been buying 22s and now maybe have around 3-5000 rounds of 22. Scatter around the house so should gather, count to just see how many I have, maybe less. I know not enough of those CCI that are silver for my auto pistols.

Love my 22 hornet and have about 250 shells, my 25-20 I only have about 70 shells with 50 of them from the earlier 1900 that one day I plan to shoot a buck like the Jordan buck with. I do need to get a few on them but will need to order for them. A few boxes of 264 and 30-30, five boxes of 22 magnum, some 270 and I know maybe around 100 for my 219 zipper if I could find the damn things, a handful of shells for the 300 Weatherby from the 50s. Look last night for about on hour for the 219 zipper bullets and still can not find them. Got some oddball calibers like 22 special, 348, 375, 55-85 with no shells but not sure why I would need any for them. Only a couple of boxes of 44-40 and 32-20 for pistols.

But what I need to watch for is bullets for my M1. I believe that is around 276 bullets with 8 clips in my bandoleer so 64 ready in a moments notices if I can get the safe open. Being old I have the M1 for one reason and it is not to hunt or target practice and I assume I will be lucky to survive longer than getting 8 clips out but just in case do have 276 shells with a few that will go through iron plate.
Not one 223 as I have no understanding why one would have a overrated gun that shot that shell. db

223 rifles were adopted for battlefield combat. Smaller bullets = more bullets per lb. A soldier is often stuck with what he can carry. Smaller bullets = more bullets. It doesn’t matter how big your bullets are if you don’t have any. That’s why I carry a 9mm and not a .45 ACP

223 is enough to disable an adversary on the battlefield. Not great for distance or barrier penetration but infantryman operate in squads. Squads also have a machine gunner and often a designated marksman, each of which use different rifles than the standard infantrymen.

In principle, I agree with you. If I had to huff it alone, I might be more inclined to pick up a .308 AR. But consider this: 270 rounds of 223 (that’s 9x 30rd mags) weighs less than 10 lbs. What do you suppose 34 clips (272 rds) of 30-06 weighs?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
But a 223 hit soldier lives for another fight while a 30-06 caliber hit soldier will not with the same hit (steel jacket and no expansion while, as I was told, the 223 would tumble when it hit).
I believe they told me to shoot in burst of three anyways (was hard to count at certain time, only goal was to put as many bullets in the general direction as possible and for that one did need many bullets). but hell I was artillery and had the infantry to protect the base.

When one rifle is been made to just put bullets out and i doubt if a soldier in the jungle in a fire fight would aim, then a lighter load, more bullets, bigger clip it would stand to reason as Custer found out with his single shot springfields against the indians with there Henry that was loaded on Sunday and shot all week.
It was always nice to have that M-60 in ones unit. A lot to carry and maybe needed another soldier to help with ammno but. So yes I may agree Bed, i just wish mine was more dependable at certain times. db

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure of the weight of my 200 plus 30-06 shells but i would hate to lug around in the jungle. And then it would take me three times longer to shoot the same amount of shells with my 8 round clip so maybe less shells, bullet hole might be bigger, and hell today i doubt if i would make it pass the second clip anyways. If noise helps out it seems those BAR sure made a lot more noise. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69