14yr old W/moose tag, help plz

Jason_ness

I just heard of this forum and figured I'd give this a try. My 14yr old boy has his moose tag for unit M6, we've been searching for a good bull for him for awhile now and have been fortunate to have lots of friends and family looking for us and we appreciate it. Unfortunately, we have not been able to put eyes on one yet. We were able to get out mule deer hunting and had a successful trip for his first buck with a rifle! Picture attached. I would appreciate any information that you all could provide to make this kids year go from a great one to an amazing one and one to never forget! Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

PXL_20230917_011639315.MP.jpg

Jason_ness

1696620779519.jpeg

Saw a young bull by Nelson lake this morning. Sorry I didn’t see you’re thread earlier today.
Thank you! Gun season opens next Friday. Of course we will be looking for bigger early on in the season, but we'll see how the season goes. Appreciate it!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should still be able to catch the tail end of the rut next week..

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish the kid luck in this hunt I just hope he didn't use it all up drawing both muledeer youth tag and bull moose on his 1st draw for both.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmers and spray plane pilots, ups and fedex drivers are also good people to ask.
Darn row crops are out there yet.
More people you ask and let them know it is a young Lad doing the hunting, the more chance you have of someone giving you a call that they have seen one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88