What is the "adult" age?

Votes: 16 76.2%

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been made a confusing age and Trump didn't help. IMO; "adulthood" should be consolidated. I don't think 18 is old enough to vote and/or die in a foreign war. Conversely; if it is; (parental time perception be damned): Shouldn't they be afforded legal right to drink alcohol, use tobacco and buy a handgun?

This shit again occurred to me when I saw speculation of a new "draft"--females included: Females were first used around 1976 to mindfuck the military in MP roles. Now there's drag queen shows on "base/post".

I digress: I propose a "true adult" should possess a state/fed card between the ages of 18/21; similar to "hunter safety": Card holders would be privileged to all the reward and shit.

I'll spare the obvious Alice Cooper.

That is all.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I totally agree. It's funny you'll be charged in ADULT court and any offenses for underage consumption will be on your ADULT record if charged when over 18 and under 21. We send 18+ year olds to ADULT prison but 18-21 year olds can't legally consume alcohol. When I was in Germany there was no limit on age at all.

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I totally agree. It's funny you'll be charged in ADULT court and any offenses for underage consumption will be on your ADULT record if charged when over 18 and under 21. We send 18+ year olds to ADULT prison but 18-21 year olds can't legally consume alcohol. When I was in Germany there was no limit on age at all.
Sitting in a bar in Sachsenhausen neighborhood of Frankfurt feeling all adultish at the ripe old age of 19 and having the snot nosed 16-18 year old Frankfurt American High School kids walking around in their letterman's jackets was weird. Had to be careful not to beat the shit out of the Sgt Major's kid or knock up the battalion commanders daughter. Wait...you weren't ever a battalion commander in Germany were you...umm...nevermind...

Last edited:

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe at 18 your still a stupid kid and easily manipulated the age should be raised to 25 for everything smoking drinking military ext...just my opinion

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tend to agree and acknowledge that's a hell of a long time to be a kid. I refer back to my aforementioned "adult card". It's virtually been in existence for years with emancipated children.

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Would the all volunteer military survive if the enlistment age was 25? Kids are already so soft. A chubby 17 year old now days would be a complete tub of shit by 25. I just can't see making a bright eyed 18 year old who wanted to join the Army or Marines since he was ten years old wait seven more years to enlist. Who are we to prevent him from the joys of grass drills in MOPP 4 in July at a beautiful location like Fort Leonard Wood or Parris Island?
Maybe we should go the Sparta, Rome, Starship Trooper route and make military service mandatory for all the rights and benefits of citizenship?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 412
  • This month: 188
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66