1911's

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've owned a m&p9, and two bodyguards. I couldn't hit shit with any of them. the 9 got traded for a g19. the bodyguards we're complete junk. 1st one literally broke. never even shot the second one I traded for scheels gift cards.

im a pretty terrible shot with any center fire round (rifle or handgun) but I can actually punch a decent group with that 19

- - - Updated - - -

bed wetter. lol

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've owned a m&p9, and two bodyguards. I couldn't hit shit with any of them. the 9 got traded for a g19. the bodyguards we're complete junk. 1st one literally broke. never even shot the second one I traded for scheels gift cards.

im a pretty terrible shot with any center fire round (rifle or handgun) but I can actually punch a decent group with that 19

- - - Updated - - -

bed wetter. lol

I have looked at the bodyguards and currently have the M&P 45. ive had 0 issues with the 45. what exactly broke on the bodyguard?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You did too. I wanted a 42 because I wanted a single stack which was the only single stack that Glock made and you said I should go with something else.

The 42 has some issues from what I understand. The 43 (single stack 9mm) is a sweet little gun and has proven to be very reliable like a glock should be. I only have about a 100 rounds through it so far but really like it.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not great or even good with the Shield but it's serviceable for accuracy. My wife's LC9....well...you might as well throw that mother titty sprinkler at the guy rather than shoot at him. I should probably get her something different. Wanted to get her a wheel gun but the trigger pulls on all the ones she tried were way too long. She couldn't even fire some without serious effort.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have looked at the bodyguards and currently have the M&P 45. ive had 0 issues with the 45. what exactly broke on the bodyguard?

firing pin. before that happened it had a couple light strikes, and stove piped atleast once every range session. not a gun I had confidence in for cc or self defense.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 42 has some issues from what I understand. The 43 (single stack 9mm) is a sweet little gun and has proven to be very reliable like a glock should be. I only have about a 100 rounds through it so far but really like it.

The 43 wasn't available at the time or that is what I would have gone with. Still happy with the Shield 40 though.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
firing pin. before that happened it had a couple light strikes, and stove piped atleast once every range session. not a gun I had confidence in for cc or self defense.
got ya. 380s can be a fickle lil beast. not really enough pop to cycle some of the guns from my understanding. kinda the same thing with semi auto 22s. very ammo dependent,
Thank you Wags. I will be looking at other guns for the Mrs.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You did too. I wanted a 42 because I wanted a single stack which was the only single stack that Glock made and you said I should go with something else.

Oh yeah, I believe I said the problem with the 42 is that it's a .380. Now they have the 43, which is a 9mm. My intent was to direct you to a different Glock.

- - - Updated - - -

On Bed Wetters recommendation. I think he actually shit the bed on that one not just wet it.

We call that the "guyintaiwan"

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sold my Springfield xd40 to get my wife into archery hunting. She's hunted one year and all the equipment is now collecting dust. Might just buy me a gun with my next tournament check.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Defending yourself with a 1911 is like chasing down a perp in your horse-drawn carriage. Are you Amish?

If im gonna chase them down in a horse drawn buggy im gonna have a single action army, side by side with brass shells, or a winchester in 44-40

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Defending myself with a 1911 by chasing down a perp in my horse-drawn carriage used to be fun.

Wish they hadn't made it illegal. I miss my white privilege.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was stopped yesterday in my vehicle for speeding, I also was not wearing my seat belt, and I had my Springfield .40 in the jockey box. Well I gave the officer my license, turns out my proof of insurance was my old card, so he wanted my SSN to verify whatever he needed. I told him I had a CC and my gun was safely stored in the glove box. He went back to his squad car, ran my info, and told me to buckle up and slow down, I am just giving you a warning today....white privilege rules:;:howdy...
I didn't even think of taking off running, or trying to grab his gun.

Somehow things like this work in my favor.
Funny how being white had nothing to do with it, but being honest and following orders saved some $$ and news footage.

had I had a 1911 things might have been different

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
johnr had I had a 1911 things might have been different[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, if you'd had a 1911 you woulda called him a rascal and told him to get off your lawn, because that's the gun you carried in WWI.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
New doesn't mean good BW. Clear example: newest president=complete garbage. Oldest president=brilliant.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
i periodically chuckle, because you renamed yourself bed wetter and now meelosh calls you BW for short. It was hard to take anything you said before seriously, now its impossible.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2