2019 polaris ranger crew 100 xp (Power Steering Question)

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just took the kids for a ride and while climbing a hill in low gear once at the top the engine light and EPS lights were both on. I took it out of awd and low then they both shutoff. Question is does low gear kill the power steering?? Owners manual doesnt say anything about it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you by chance have your foot lightly on brake while having the other foot on the gas pedal?
Our last 2 SxS have done this like if you want to slowly go over something and have to use them both at once.
Shut off the machine for 30 seconds and then restart and it should all work. That is if that is what it was.
Low gear should not turn off your power steering.

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you by chance have your foot lightly on brake while having the other foot on the gas pedal?
Our last 2 SxS have done this like if you want to slowly go over something and have to use them both at once.
Shut off the machine for 30 seconds and then restart and it should all work. That is if that is what it was.
Low gear should not turn off your power steering.

That could be what happened because when it broke traction I hit the brake but released it and went forward again. Once on top the hill I put it in park shut it off and restarted everything is working fine now.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
on my 2014 900xp when the voltage regulator went to hell and was sometimes over charging and sometimes not charging it would cause the power steering to kick out and other weird things. On the 900s the voltage regulator and fuel pump both go out around 9 to 10k miles like clockwork.

Dad had a 2016 1000xp, was a fine machine till it started throwing misfire codes and running weird at times. Changed belt, spark plugs, O2 sensor. finally figured out it was the motor that was shot. dealer claimed dirt had gotten around the air filter and smoked the engine. I really don't think that was the cause as we clean and replace air filter often. Anyway Dad put a rebuilt engine in and traded it off on a new 1000 NorthStar with heat and air. Pretty nice but I don't think I'd ever spend the money to have AC in a utv. I like driving with the windows open.

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Effing Polaris...

Thing that pisses me of is I bought a roof,front and back windshield when I purchased it but the roof never came with a seal kit. Every time we would ride the roof would whistle so loud it was annoying, so I bought the seal kit gor the roof and now the dust coming up from the floors is unbearable.. Looked online and you can buy seal kits for for under the seats etc but it should fucking have that already when I spent $17,000.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thing that pisses me of is I bought a roof,front and back windshield when I purchased it but the roof never came with a seal kit. Every time we would ride the roof would whistle so loud it was annoying, so I bought the seal kit gor the roof and now the dust coming up from the floors is unbearable.. Looked online and you can buy seal kits for for under the seats etc but it should fucking have that already when I spent $17,000.

Do you have a windshield? If so... does it tilt up?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah - any sxs with top and fixed windshield is going to pull a vacuum at the doors/windows (Bernoulli effect) as the wind sweeps past

that's going to pull air in big time from under the sxs

a half or tilt windshield really helps reduce that

- - - Updated - - -

they should make some sort of ram air feed in the front to create a positive cab pressure somehow

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31