2022 deer tags

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
2a and 2g2, one kid got a buck with his youth tag and has been denied every year since, daughter has been denied 2 years.

You have an easy solution. If your kids don't get drawn just hop across the river to Minnesota. Tags are guaranteed over the counter, can be used state wide, tons of public land and tags for age 17 and under are $5. That really leaves you with no excuse and well within 100 miles if your kids want to deer hunt.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
It's funny how many people always want to change the rules to benefit themselves. Whine about waiting years for a tag when Archery is over the counter and has never been easier to get into for a beginner. Complain about muzzleloader points and blame it on inlines when you can use a muzzy for the rifle season every year if you want to. If hunting turns into everyone gets their way you can kiss hunting as we know it goodbye.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's funny how many people always want to change the rules to benefit themselves. Whine about waiting years for a tag when Archery is over the counter and has never been easier to get into for a beginner. Complain about muzzleloader points and blame it on inlines when you can use a muzzy for the rifle season every year if you want to. If hunting turns into everyone gets their way you can kiss hunting as we know it goodbye.

I didn't bitch anymore than you were last November about not getting drawn and your brother not getting drawn. I only stated how ND wants to get kids interested in hunting but offers limited opportunities

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
say what you want but imagine living until 60-70 years old and not being a bowhunter. You realistically have a chance at less than 10 deer tags in your lifetime. Sounds pretty gay but that’s what it is now.it is not a trophy unit. In the 90s-2000s there was an early and late season and a Buck tag was virtually guaranteed. Now you cannot even get a 2nd choice doe

2B doe tags aren’t 100% draw first choice so why would you think there’s any chance you’d draw it second lol …. Also , the number of tags in 2B is about right in my opinion . Along the river/sloughs where there’s good habitat there is good numbers but get away from the river a few miles and there’s no deer or habitat . The area can’t support a huge number of hunters like in did in the 90s and early 2000s there’s simply not enough habitat . If you wanted a tag so bad apply for a doe first choice

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly . In all seriousness, I think it’s time for a one tag system . Maybe then we could extend the youth opportunities at the same time . Pick your weapon /season and apply . Archery still could be otC but you have to decide before hand .

You also said this in the 2021 deer draw thread days ago: who said they were ? I just said I got my 2 buck tags . Bow tags been in my safe for weeks and gratis is guaranteed. Good luck tho !

so you want a one tag system while making sure you got your 2?

For the record, I’ve never complained about the current system. You could always just get one tag a year and honor the system you are advocating for.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
You also said this in the 2021 deer draw thread days ago: who said they were ? I just said I got my 2 buck tags . Bow tags been in my safe for weeks and gratis is guaranteed. Good luck tho !

so you want a one tag system while making sure you got your 2?

For the record, I’ve never complained about the current system. You could always just get one tag a year and honor the system you are advocating for.

yes . I was wrong . I think it should be a one tag system , or , extend youth opportunity longer .

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I didn't bitch anymore than you were last November about not getting drawn and your brother not getting drawn. I only stated how ND wants to get kids interested in hunting but offers limited opportunities
Please remind me what bitching I did about tags last year? Aside from stating we didn't draw. I have gone many seasons without drawing in the past. Also not sure what you're problem is, I didn't direct my post at anyone

Last edited:

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please remind me what bitching I did about tags last year? Aside from stating we didn't draw. I have gone many seasons without drawing in the past[/QUOTE
Same thing I did, stated that they didn't draw for 5 years. Never said I wanted rules changed to benefit me like you implied. You turned this non-argument into one

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats to everyone who got tags and best of luck next year to those who didn't!

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Please remind me what bitching I did about tags last year? Aside from stating we didn't draw. I have gone many seasons without drawing in the past[/QUOTE
Same thing I did, stated that they didn't draw for 5 years. Never said I wanted rules changed to benefit me like you implied. You turned this non-argument into one

I continue to stand confused on why you took a blanket statement I directed at no one specific and make it personal. But, this is the internet where everyone gets hurt feelings.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20220626-190935_Chrome.jpg
Yes you did watson that in my book is changing the rules if you can't remember what you post maybe you should quit drinking so much.
I maybe an asshole but clearly you are a liar

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
lead-image-1295925-1707229506.jpeg
Yes you did watson that in my book is changing the rules if you can't remember what you post maybe you should quit drinking so much.
I maybe an asshole but clearly you are a liar

Getting rid of gratis would benefit more than just me, and if you can read I called it an option. Btw, you're not an asshole, you're a giant asshole, don't cut yourself short

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;boozer;:;boozer:;:duel::boxing::::boxing::;:;boozer;:;boozer

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, this has been every bit as much fun to read as I anticipated.

After not getting a buck tag last year for the first time since 1995(?), both the son and I drew Any Antlered tags.

Bubba

According to the game and fish and the proc inlines are not legal. Have to use either flint or percussion to fire.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76