.22 Garden Gun

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a "generic" German revolver I'm thinking of getting sleeved for this purpose. I think about a lot of things (skip 2 min):

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was trying to find some of those shotshells last year and they were sold out the places I checked...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I set my wife up with a 22 and birdshot, I tried it out on a chipmunk at 15 feet and it ran away but it did make a snake bleed about the same distance, slowed it down enough for a second shot. This was through a worn out rifled BBL, I doubt that a smoothbore would be much better . I'd recommend something with a little more power.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I set my wife up with a 22 and birdshot, I tried it out on a chipmunk at 15 feet and it ran away but it did make a snake bleed about the same distance, slowed it down enough for a second shot. This was through a worn out rifled BBL, I doubt that a smoothbore would be much better . I'd recommend something with a little more power.
If bullets don't keyhole out of the gun your max effective range is about 5ft. I've killed a lot of shit with the above revolver(with shot). I can group a cylinder into a baseball @25 with a variety of solid ammo.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like the plastic tipped cci way better than the crimped end style. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73