230 Guides licensed on Devils Lake

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen this on FB and have not determined if its true - but nobody was denying it wasnt. Holy smokes -- IA, MN and WI --get a life --- thank god they dont drive to big ole SAK.

I think what we need to do is implement the out of state rule - of twice your states possession limit ----- for WI that would 3 walleyes daily with the slots in place.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Devils Lake Tourism's storage room

blogs-the-feed-breaking-bad-money-pile.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately more and more are making their way to Sak, especially with fishing the way it was last year.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Devils lake walleyes will be extinct like our deer herd was before g&f admits there's a problem . And then they'll blame it on Mother Nature

- - - Updated - - -

The pressure the lake gets , especially from may - September is unreal . I worry it can't sustain. Especially with water going down

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is nice - is the $hitty weather --- i think it helps keep some of the riff away. Late ice this year will most likely delay everything and throw em off --- Bugs help too --- I nice rise in water would be a bonus and lots of wind.

Bobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are 135 resident fishing outfitters and 8 nonresident fishing outfitters registered in the state

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
bad segue... oh well... i am such a whore... all of you out of staters need to remember our lake doesn't close in the spring time like yours. so, if you want to come up and rape and pillage our walleyes in the spring coulee fish massacre, please check us out online. we have a few spots available in april and may still.

www.devilslakecabinrentals.com
www.airbnb.com/rooms/21111980
www.vrbo.com/1172662

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
bad segue... oh well... i am such a whore... all of you out of staters need to remember our lake doesn't close in the spring time like yours. so, if you want to come up and rape and pillage our walleyes in the spring coulee fish massacre, please check us out online. we have a few spots available in april and may still.

www.vrbo.com/1172662

ubge7.jpg

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member

www.vrbo.com/1172662

Shouldn't this be on a Wisconsin website ???

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they leave how long does your rental retain the aroma of cheese, Old Style, and extra limits cleaned on your counter?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

www.vrbo.com/1172662

I assume the price includes way points.

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sak has always been a boom or bust fishery. One year away from a smelt die off of flood or drought. Devils lake on the other hand is a natural lake that is not so cyclic. Surprises me that the G&F doesn’t do a little more to protect ND’s pride and joy fishery.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something needs to be done. The guides are raping and pillaging. They kill perch bites in the winter. Now they fish stump lake more than devils lake. They clean out the northern area lakes in the summer.

A certain guide service had 8 portables on a small road a couple days this winter. If u assume each house caught their limit that's 80 walleyes a day. That effects the fishery. And it's every single day

they need to limit the amount of guides

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny this was brought up, I actually emailed Todd Caspers who is the surpervisor of the DL system this winter. I wrote him giving him my opinion that from a "boots on the ground" view, there are more guides than I have ever seen operating out of Devils Lake. I have ice fished this lake for nearly 20 years and the changes seen in the "guiding" area are wild over the past 5-6 years. Mr Caspers reply to me was that I was the first person that he had heard from that is questioning the number of guides/outfitters. I was astonished at that response, LOTS of chatter locally about what is being done and how fishing regs are being handled on this lake.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny this was brought up, I actually emailed Todd Caspers who is the surpervisor of the DL system this winter. I wrote him giving him my opinion that from a "boots on the ground" view, there are more guides than I have ever seen operating out of Devils Lake. I have ice fished this lake for nearly 20 years and the changes seen in the "guiding" area are wild over the past 5-6 years. Mr Caspers reply to me was that I was the first person that he had heard from that is questioning the number of guides/outfitters. I was astonished at that response, LOTS of chatter locally about what is being done and how fishing regs are being handled on this lake.

A better contract would be Paul Freeman. He's the head warden for the region. Todd's staff biologist and probably wouldn't hear those kinds of comments as much as a warden would.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see it as such a problem. Guide and client numbers per square mile of water here pale in comparison to other lakes in Minnesota and canada.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49