3be Meats Bismarck

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stopped in to this place to grab some brats and sticks to take to the lake on Friday. They are in the old sweetheart bakery on east Main. These guys are the real deal.... The habanero-pineapple brats are kick ass, and the blue cheese ones were great too. The licorice beef sticks are some of the best meat I've ever eaten. Did not get any steaks or burger but they looked good. Prices were good too.

They looked like zombies from working their asses off. The place was busy. The two older ladies working the register are the moms of the owners so it's a total family operation. We stopped in at 0930 and things were already getting picked over.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes! Bismarck definitely needed a good butcher shop. I love butcher block but it's way out of my way to go to Mandan to get good meats. Have had some brats, ground beef and crab dip from 3be and it was all very good. Best brats I've had in a long time!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Schweitzer Gourmet Meats is going to be opening up in the strip mall west of runnings pretty soon, selling all ND raised beef products.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm related to the owners via marriage, so I am biased. But we've been making their family sausage every year for many years now in the garage, and I would venture to say its the best country style sausage out there. Better than Wishek, Zeeland, and Ashley. Now that it is being made in the store and for sale, hopefully folks will give it a try and see how they like it.

They will be doing game processing too, but I don't think the prices are set yet.

Make sure to stop in and give them a try, and get some jalapeno-cheddar beef sticks while you're there, and don't forget about the gummy bear brats.. they are actually really good.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
I would venture to say its the best country style sausage out there. Better than Wishek, Zeeland, and Ashley. .

Wishek is hard to beat, but worth a challenge if you say so!!

Ive slowly been noticing more and more butcher stores making "craft meats".. Kind of like a brewery, always having its flagship menu items but always making something new to keep customers coming back for more. Im a fan of Blueberry/bluecheese brats myself but always trying the oddball stuff when opportunity presents itself- count me in to give them a try.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was in Fagro about 10 days ago, stopped at John and Waynes smoke shop. The beef sticks were awesome, and we picked up peanut butter and jelly brats, not sure if this is a good idea or not, as we will be eating them at the lake over the 4th holiday. Mrs johnr couldn't resist picking up a package to try.

I will post the taste test results in about 2 weeks.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was in Fagro about 10 days ago, stopped at John and Waynes smoke shop. The beef sticks were awesome, and we picked up peanut butter and jelly brats, not sure if this is a good idea or not, as we will be eating them at the lake over the 4th holiday. Mrs johnr couldn't resist picking up a package to try.

I will post the taste test results in about 2 weeks.

You won't be disappointed! I enjoy stopping there when I go through Fargo. The PB and J brats at John/Wayne we picked up were originally for my nephews to eat, but the entire immediate family enjoyed them. I personally think they are a great for a breakfast sausage substitute due to the sweeter flavor.

Upon recommendation with this post, I did stop by 3BE today and got some blueberry and some wild rice brats. Will give them a try!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stopped in there last week; can never have too many butcher shops. They could use a few more cases and stuff like that to fill the space but I'm sure that'll come as they get established. I got some sticks and they were good. Prices seemed to be about what you'd expect - sticks were 8.99/lb and steaks looked to be 10-15/lb. I think their location will be very solid and it will be nice not to have to run to Butcher Block for that kind of thing.

On a side note - there's that John's meats just a couple blocks north of them - it's so hidden that I never think of it. Is it worth stopping? I never see them advertise, only way I knew it existed is that a friend of mine said he used to get his deer processed there.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in that area of town and Johns Meat Market has good meats and sticks and such, they were shut down for a while for a fire in there smoker a while back but have since reopened. they have a Essie marinade sauce they will seal your steak in that is excellent. If I would have one complaint about them it would be there hours but I use them a lot since I live right in the area. For the longest time until 3Be Meats opened Johns was the only thing in that area, closest thing would have been Wal-Mart or grocery stores. dukgnfsn

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I work near both 3Be and John's. John's has excellent sticks in my opinion, some of the best. They usually have a wide variety and like to throw some unique ones in the mix to try.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a side note, I am pretty sure Jon's Meat market provides the sausage patties to Little Cottage Cafe.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right on, I'll have to stop there sometime. Amazing they can stay in business being so hidden.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cousin son is one of the business partners in this business, I'll be stopping in when I make a trip down next week.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88