Aaron Knodel trial

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's hard for me to come to rationalize this situation. People are mostly "celebrating" that the state's case fell apart and he's now free to move on from being treated so unfairly.

In the early days of the case I read that he spent tons of hours on the phone and in the company of this girl - but now it seems that was all not true and there was zero sex involved? What the heck?

Anybody got the inside scoop on why the case fell apart? I'm usually not really interested in posting about sleazy cases on Nodak - but I've come up empty on trying to understand what really went on by reading valley new live or forum websites (and the comments running 10:1 in favor of Aaron).

Sorry ahead of time for those that don't like this kind of discussion - but this one is perplexing the heck out of me and I need Nodak wisdom to free me of my confusion.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the big turning point in the case was the one juror being compromised to the situation. By lying on her juror questionnaire, she destroyed the case.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did it actually not happen, or was there not enough evidence to prove that it happened? I have my thoughts and feelings on it and I think the prosecutors believed 100% that the victim was telling the truth. Why else would they go after this "popular" teacher? I don't buy that they were out for the headlines. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth with most of the comments I see. People seem to not give a shit about the victim, and again I do believe there was one and it isn't the teacher in this case. Going forward I would pray for the victim to find strength to put it behind her.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the big turning point in the case was the one juror being compromised to the situation. By lying on her juror questionnaire, she destroyed the case.

Right - but at that point the juror's lying was revealed 11/12 jurors were already throwing the county's case out the window? Why?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
The turning point was he presents himself as a clean cut family man and she was/is a huge slut and many people with kids her age around there know that.

Juries mostly consist of dumb people that are easily swayed. That's what the lawyers want.

If you ever find yourself in big legal trouble, get a jury.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The turning point was he presents himself as a clean cut family man and she was/is a huge slut and many people with kids her age around there know that.

Juries mostly consist of dumb people that are easily swayed. That's what the lawyers want.

If you ever find yourself in big legal trouble, get a jury.

but clean cut teachers fondling/oraling/banging sluts is still illegal I suspect - no?

man in the box

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have any skin in the game, but a very good friend of mine's daughter was friends with the alleged victim and she said there absolutely was inappropriate sexual interactions with the two. I just think there was no way to actually prove it. While talking on the phone for hours with the girl is definitely weird, it doesn't prove anything.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maury Povich, in one episode, could settle this with a lie detector test, and still have time for 3 DNA tests to try and find that baby daddy.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be clear IMO he did it and the victim's (or anyone else's) personal life shouldn't be the deciding factor in a legal decision.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have any skin in the game, but a very good friend of mine's daughter was friends with the alleged victim and she said there absolutely was inappropriate sexual interactions with the two. I just think there was no way to actually prove it. While talking on the phone for hours with the girl is definitely weird, it doesn't prove anything.

Makes one wonder how they ever can prove/convict child molestation (when all they have is the toddler's verbal "statements")

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should make this illegal then it would never happen again.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think your prior personal conduct should always be weighed. The case itself is disgusting in the first place. A teacher of the year should know not to put himself in these situations. However, the evidence brought forth swayed the jury enough that he deemed was not guilty/wrongfully accused/innocent. If he truly was guilty, lets hope this is one hell of an expensive wake up call. If he doesn't learn, the system will catch up with him.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whole town of west fargo including teachers said the girl is wacko and he didnt do it. Plus his wife says the same thing.Its not like this guy is made of money he has a huge legal debt. Whats in it for the wife. To many people on his side imo. Hopefully he goes after her in a deflamation lawsuit then see where the evidence goes. Sad lesson dont help anybody i guess.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whole town of west fargo including teachers said the girl is wacko and he didnt do it. Plus his wife says the same thing.Its not like this guy is made of money he has a huge legal debt. Whats in it for the wife. To many people on his side imo. Hopefully he goes after her in a deflamation lawsuit then see where the evidence goes. Sad lesson dont help anybody i guess.

Stories like this are common in Utah , Mormans are caring people that help those in need and quite often the troubled people they pull out of the gutter stab them in the back.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe he slipped and fell on her and his penis accidently slipped in her.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
A classic "he said/she said" case and unfortunately very little evidence to prove otherwise. So people naturally go off the character of the people involved. Evidence alone?......probably not guilty. But, if I found my daughter talking to some older male teacher for hours on end in the middle of the night for many different nights, I'd be pissed! And ask yourself if you caught your wife talking to some 17 YO boy at 2 am how you'd feel? Even if nothing sexual ever happened, bottom line is the guy should never teach again as he obviously shows poor boundaries with students at the very least. In this day and age, you don't put yourself in situations like that unless you are dumb and clueless, I don't care if you are a teacher, school counselor, or whatever your job is. Doesn't sound like teacher of the year material for me.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jerry Sandusky was a swell guy, much adored by his community.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he sues his slutty wacko accusers. :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75