Ammo and High Cap Magazines

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is everyone's thoughts on the market? Do you think we will see another mass hoarding of ammo and high capacity magazines like we saw a couple years ago? I am hearing rumblings that the high cap mags are selling like hot cakes. Seems like we always have this knee jerk reaction after a shooting, but I feel like there is more push after the Florida shooting than there was for the Vegas shooting.

Are any of you loading up on some ammo and mags just in case?

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can see high cap mags going fast but ammo, not so much.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally don't like 30 round mags anyway. I started buying more 10 round mags since I got my AR.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally don't like 30 round mags anyway. I started buying more 10 round mags since I got my AR.

Agree 100%, but when they hit our 30 round mags then they'll go after 15 rd pistol mags, I hope none of these cocksuckers in the future use a suppressor. It's gonna happen again and again and sooner or later some new laws will be passed or others will be amended, we can only hope it's the right that is enacting the changes and not Crying Chuck or Happy Nancy.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't prepare for bans, I prepare for panic. Buy lots of stuff as cheap as possible, bit by bit, then lie in wait for the suckers when there’s a shooting. If any of you su- I mean, any of you guys need mags or ammo, just let me know. Bring cash, lots of cash.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
After the Sandy Hook shooting most stores only had a hand full of 30 rd mags on hand as they just didn't sell. That's why you seen 30 rounders selling 70.00 to 90.00 each. Go to most stores now and the shelves are stocked up to 10 to 20 times more than 2012. The market is saturated with them now. The same goes for Ammo lots of it on the shelves and back rooms.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to really stock up on 6.5 Carcano and 7x64 Brenneke before it's gone.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m seeing reports that the kid in FL used 10-round mags. Frick, I don’t have any 10-rd AR mags. Better order a bunch before banned.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m seeing reports that the kid in FL used 10-round mags. Frick, I don’t have any 10-rd AR mags. Better order a bunch before banned.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused. Are you making 2 orders, or is it additive and you've decided to order 20 round magazines?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol, hope double posting doesn't get you on a list, cause a list of crzies is right around the corner, but at least we will all be on it, I'm crazy enough to own a black rifle.... Am I a racist for calling it a black rifle, or a racist for saying I own it. Time to have a heart to heart with my black rifle, maybe it identifies as a spatula.... Wife just said I need to buy a white rifle, and a blue one, and a red one.... just kidding that bitch just wants more shoes.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol, hope double posting doesn't get you on a list, cause a list of crzies is right around the corner, but at least we will all be on it, I'm crazy enough to own a black rifle.... Am I a racist for calling it a black rifle, or a racist for saying I own it. Time to have a heart to heart with my black rifle, maybe it identifies as a spatula.... Wife just said I need to buy a white rifle, and a blue one, and a red one.... just kidding that bitch just wants more shoes.

Is this what that “ammosexual” term is about, not calling black rifles “black?” So confused by my ingrained hierarchical caliber/gender norms.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at the Gun show in Grand Forks on Sat. It was a packed house with lots of AR venders. I seen one upper walk the door and no complete rifles. There were all different kinds of Mag from 10 to 30 rds, with very few being sold. I seen one table with 30 rd Magpul mags for 10.00 and they didn't sell.

There was a guy from Minot that has about 8 - 10 rifles all the same with Bear Creek arms barrels for 450.00 and I don't think he sold one on Sat.

It was a good show with lots of stuff for everyone.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28