Another milla lacs giant posted 11/29/2015

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sum,no problem,Bob has always been out spoken and I alomost forgot how he called length and rarely measured...He did know his sheet,infact it was Bob that turned us on to musky night fishing back in the early 90's on heavly pressued lakes,these fish would be caught numerous times,seen about everything on the planet for patterns so late day we would head out,work musky haunts,mark follows for a couple hrs,head in for a late supper,then back out after things settled down,best night I ever had was 10 skis in our boat between 12am and sunrise,good times.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
........best night I ever had was 10 skis in our boat between 12am and sunrise,good times.

Wow, that would be awesome to say the least! Out of all the years I've been musky fishing I've never even caught 2 in one outing.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd quit fishing if I fished an entire lifetime and the best I did was catch 2 fish in an outing....must be a mushkie thing everyone I know that fishes for them loves it somehow still.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd quit fishing if I fished an entire lifetime and the best I did was catch 2 fish in an outing....must be a mushkie thing everyone I know that fishes for them loves it somehow still.

ski fishing = trophy hunting

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
ski fishing = trophy hunting

I understand this concept and will give up 20 eye outings for a chance at a giant over and over again. Yet I still have a hard time seeing a musky as much more than an oversized, glorified pike. Maybe I will morph my view one day. The funny thing is, if they threw like 10 thirty-forty pound sterilized Zanders in a lake, I would be all over it like flies on a cow pie. Each has their poison I guess.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand this concept and will give up 20 eye outings for a chance at a giant over and over again. Yet I still have a hard time seeing a musky as much more than an oversized, glorified pike. Maybe I will morph my view one day. The funny thing is, if they threw like 10 thirty-forty pound sterilized Zanders in a lake, I would be all over it like flies on a cow pie. Each has their poison I guess.

i agree with the pike comparison

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep,musky fishin never really tripped my trigger like walleye fishing and years back when we had steelhead runs on the shores of lake superior,now that's one hell of a fighting fish...steelhead,fancy name for a lake run rainbow trout on a fly rod.

To be honest my buddy/room mate was a musky guide out of a elite musky fishing shop called thorne bros in blaine minn,back then he charged $150/day and if you blanked he refunded your money,this lake was stocked with hybrids/tigers,have'nt been back in years but I suspect it has some monsters in it these days but the locals keep it quiet.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you saw in person how they behave--how they figure-8 or follow your trolling motor prop, you would not make that comparison. For the most part, if I'm musky fishing and am catching pike, I'm probably in the wrong spot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12