Antler-less Deer - Tagging ?

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a doe tag this year and recently looked at the tag, shows that you are only allowed to tag them in the ear.
How do I properly tag the doe if i do the gutless method and leave the head in the field ?
Previously, I always tagged them in the leg, maybe i was doing that wrong, opps.
TIA

yellowlab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Straight form the proclamation.

A deer carcass or boned out meat must be accompanied by the head to the final place of storage. Exception: Tag as currently required, then take two pictures using a cellphone with location and date and time stamp turned on. One picture of the entire animal at the kill site with tag attached, and a second picture of a closeup of the tag so that tag information is readable. Drop off the head at a CWD collection site properly tagged or if you leave the deer head in the field at the kill site, after taking pictures and saving them, the ear or antler with the tag attached must be cut off and accompany the meat or carcass while in transport. The photographs of the tagged deer must be shown to any game warden or other law enforcement officer upon request.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88