Any creek chub experts?

Coyote_guy

I have finally found a creek chub spot! A small hole in a creek about the size of a pickup. Have walked up and down the creek within 100yds of where I'm catching them and haven't gotten so much as a bite, but the hole is still holding fish. I have taken roughly 25-30 chubs out of the spot. The creek during a regular season would most likely drain into a small river but with the dry conditions we've had it is no longer connected to the river.

My question for the experts..Does it pay to not over fish my little hole in hopes of them making it through the winter? I'm thinking they'll freeze out though. My guess is their hole is 3' deep max but most of the creek, is now only maybe 1' deep. If the general consensus is that they'll freeze out, I'll gladly keep catching them in hopes that the hole is replenished come spring.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will come and look at it for you.
Yes, this ^^^. You need a few experts to really come look at it and assess. I'm volunteering to help YOU.

I know this wasn't helpful but I couldn't resist. Seems to me that you should get what you can out of it and it'll replenish once the water gets higher next spring.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you catch them and don't know how to care for them and keep them alive for a long period of time, your better off leaving them there. They are fickle sonsabitches to keep.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It all depends how good of a system you have to keep them alive at home. Keep as many as you can keep alive. The hole will replenish eventually. I'd have to know more about the creek to say more. Traps work good, are you trapping or hooking?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If someone wants to invest in ME :p and the infrastructure we could do well: PM to become a Chub Mark Cuban without communist sympathy.

1729738613074.png

1729738651743.png

The "industry" would take a few years. Immediate inventory not a problem from the Hills.

That is all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 377
  • This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 130
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 64