Cerakote? Or other options?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Beretta 390 shotgun that I love. The barrel has spots that rust easily after years of use. I’m contemplating doing the barrel and receiver for n Cerakote or another finish. Some claim DIY Aluma Hyde is just as good but I’m doubtful. Any input here on the options?

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't have patience and ordered c a barrel that Northland had on hand even though it wasn't bead blasted. So I didn't want to send it in and wait either. I was skeptical of Aluma Hyde also, but did the action and barrel a year ago. So far no marks and I have used it extensively. If I did get a scratch I guess it coukd easily be repaired.

I bought mine from Brownells. New and it was all plugged up. I called and they sold new nozzles six to a bag, and the lady said it wouldn't work without them. They were out and had no idea when they would get new ones. I complained and they sent another can. Yup plugged. So I took some very small drill bits and opened the nozzle. They were plugged much deeper than that. I have had cans spray all over before so I put this one in a clear plastic, the drill bit through the bag and pressed the internal valve with a drill bit. It was like coyote colored cheese coming out of the can. Two hours later I sprayed my rifle.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 377
  • This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 130
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61