Sub MOA for $199??

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today I found something out about this barrel. That the radius (circled area) is cut this way to make sure this doesn't become a weak spot. If it was cut with a 90 degree shoulder there is a chance that it could actually break at this point. The radial cut provides strength for your silencer or muzzle break. Learned this in a bearing install class today.

Screenshot_20171107-165649.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today I found something out about this barrel. That the radius (circled area) is cut this way to make sure this doesn't become a weak spot. If it was cut with a 90 degree shoulder there is a chance that it could actually break at this point. The radial cut provides strength for your silencer or muzzle break. Learned this in a bearing install class today.

1440x900-milla-jovovich-actress-white-cup-of-coffee-desktop-free-wallpaper.jpg

This seems logical, but then I don’t understand how you’re going to ensure a properly aligned silencer. Everything I’ve read says that round shoulder is a problem.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either goingbto have to have the some radius taken out of the silencer or muzzle break when you order. Only other thing i could see is some type of crush washer going in there

This seems logical, but then I don’t understand how you’re going to ensure a properly aligned silencer. Everything I’ve read says that round shoulder is a problem.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either goingbto have to have the some radius taken out of the silencer or muzzle break when you order. Only other thing i could see is some type of crush washer going in there

Crush washers are a big no-no as they can crush unevenly and throw your break off by a couple degrees. A guy gave me a silencer shim with a bevel on one side and perfectly flat on the other. I’ll put that washer on and install a muzzle brake that screws into the silencer. Unfortunately they don’t make these special spacers where you can buy them separately. He had an extra from a muzzle brake he purchased.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed.
Before I knew better, I used a crush washer on my suppressor (mostly because the factory flash hider had come with it). I didn't find that it threw it out of alignment, but it did make it hard to always get it on exactly as tight as it was before. Varying degree of tightness = different harmonics = unreliable POI shift.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess that answer it then. Just have to have the silencer or muzzle break cut a radius into it. Small purchase of radius gauge or maybe the manufactuer can answer what is needed.

Attachments

Screenshot_20171108-183207.jpg

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any updates on this gun? I see the compass can be had for around $200 again

Founding Member
Founding Member

Co-worker has one in 6.5 Creed, it is shooting holes in holes. I believe he said there are aftermarket stocks out there now for it as well.

Last edited:

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love my TC compass in 300 win mag. I just replaced the stock with a Boyd’s and added vortex viper scope. Sweet setup I must say, and more importantly it shoots great. I also just bought another TC compass in .223 for a Varmint/truck gun. 50 dollar rebate going on!

A06CC971-0537-4449-8CD9-18D89FA45912.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88