Arrow Building

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
this seems weird to me. i would think that any rest movement is going to change the impact of both the FP and BH in the same direction. how in the world would it bring their grouping closer? not that i've ever done it. but, that's what i envision betwixt my earholes.

yea same. Im just gonna do what im told but it makes absolutely no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

for anyone that gets into archery. just shoot what they give you at scheels and be happy. Do not do what im doing. My life was simpler before all this. :)

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on Wags, just think about how much you've learned and how much more shooting you've done.
Building arrows is a lot like reloading. There are frustrations along the way, but you end up with a better product that you have more confidence in and more pride when it works. Also like reloading, it's not for everyone. If you're the guy that is happy to sit in a tree stand and shoot 30 yards or less (or 200 yards with a rifle), whatever is on the shelf will work fine.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
this seems weird to me. i would think that any rest movement is going to change the impact of both the FP and BH in the same direction. how in the world would it bring their grouping closer? not that i've ever done it. but, that's what i envision betwixt my earholes.

Broadheads, specifically fixed blade broadheads, have more drag and control over steering the arrow than field points. Small rest adjustments move a BH tipped arrow much more than a FP. The idea is your BH will "catch up" to the same POI as the FP.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Broadheads, specifically fixed blade broadheads, have more drag and control over steering the arrow than field points. Small rest adjustments move a BH tipped arrow much more than a FP. The idea is your BH will "catch up" to the same POI as the FP.

And it does work. Seems counter intuitive for sure, but that is the case with many bow tuning adjustments it seems! Good luck with the arrow building! I could never get fletchings to stay stuck on any Gold Tip shafts I had. Finally just gave up and buy factory anymore. But you sure can tune things better and produce the arrow weight you want.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75