Arrowed a monster today!

Founding Member
Founding Member
136_1541018176896.jpeg

:;:muahaha

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hook, line, sinker, snap weight, swivel, and dipsey-diver.

Summbitch!

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would you shoot that this year? Could have had a real dandy if you gave him another year.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its just me wishful thinking.
I hit a branch and wounded a hell of a 170s buck opening weekend, broke his shoulder.
He's back now but a hell of a lot more cautious now days and only night photos. Two nights
ago it was raining as I sat and then it quit and I knew things would get good.
Had a bunch of does around and I did some rattling but with the low clouds it got dark allor
quicker so I put my bow in my case
and opened the back door of the blind that is at ground level. There he and his other big
buddy stood at 25 yards! His buddy was gone in an instant but he went a couple steps and
we had a stair down until I couldn't see him any more. Couple coyotes barks and he went
his own way. Hoping I get a second chance yet before rifle season, not sure if he will rut
much with his shoulder the way it is. I guess we will see. Good luck to guys these next two
months!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn I lost mine and never seen him again last year.

Founding Member
Founding Member
That stinks Enslow.
Yea I have had some bad luck also. I'm pretty picky these days and pass up allot of deer each year. The last buck I shot was about 3-4 years ago. Quartering away , mechanical I was shooting busted off two of the three blades at impact. That was the 11th day of bow season, I had sat every single day for him. My brother ended up killing him with the rifle that november. 5 inches of shaft and my broadhead had deflected and went through his neck the tip barely poking out the other side of his hide. He looked fine 5 days later when I jumped him thinking he was dead. He now hangs on the wall at his place, he went 179. That one hurt ain't gonna lie. But I'm still glad he got him, was hoping mom would have thou since she had just finished radiation on her eye and was going to lose her sight.
spifire maxx fail.jpg
012 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep.
Took him about three weeks to come back to that draw.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd take a lot longer than that if some butthole was shooting sharp shit at me the last time I was there.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I just love racks like that. Second place to DD.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
That stinks Enslow.
Yea I have had some bad luck also. I'm pretty picky these days and pass up allot of deer each year. The last buck I shot was about 3-4 years ago. Quartering away , mechanical I was shooting busted off two of the three blades at impact. That was the 11th day of bow season, I had sat every single day for him. My brother ended up killing him with the rifle that november. 5 inches of shaft and my broadhead had deflected and went through his neck the tip barely poking out the other side of his hide. He looked fine 5 days later when I jumped him thinking he was dead. He now hangs on the wall at his place, he went 179. That one hurt ain't gonna lie. But I'm still glad he got him, was hoping mom would have thou since she had just finished radiation on her eye and was going to lose her sight.
ADF4072E-B0A1-4E39-99DA-A78ABC2AB046.jpeg
images.jpeg

I cant help but wonder if you were shooting a fixed blade if he would be on your wall instead of your Bros? We will never know.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 146
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51