Back injury--any advice or share experience?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long or how many PT visits did you fellas have to go through? This Tuesday will be 4 weeks since my surgery. The incision area is the only thing that I can feel or is bothersome everyday.

I had zero after a spinal fusion , Just one visit and PT brought out the measuring tools and measured my range of motion and he said incredible and sent me home. Before surgery I had about 4 months of PT and all it did for me was make it hurt worse. No two bodies/injuries are the same, What one needs might be total opposite of what the next guy needs.

- - - Updated - - -

I was given a good supply of pain meds , Before surgery they wouldn't touch the pain but after surgery they did help with pain but they let me overdo it so the next day I hurt worse and wanted/needed more pills. I quit taking them and listened to my body, Best thing I ever did.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Take it easy and listen to the Doc. Your recovery time now is key and is also short compared to the rest of your life. Remember the pain and that helps you to listen to the Doc!

That is my plan! It is tough not being able to do fun winter stuff. Call it a blessing or a sign, but the end of 2017, I retired as a active volunteer firefighter after 23 years. I now serve as a reserve firefighter to help on scene with less physical job tasks whether it be changing air packs, rehab station, traffic control, etc...! But this will give me a good excuse to do more fishing this summer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88